Moving

We are moving to a new home in a few days and we are taking our system with us. How do we get the devices reprogrammed for our new home? We do have central monitoring so I assume we need to set the system to test mode for a few days while the conversion takes places? Thanks

Looks like this is regarding a 2GIG Go!Control Panel, correct? Happy to help!

First it is a good idea to check out the instructions here for reporting a change of address. I am including the steps below:

Please notify us of your address change by submitting a secure message . Please include the following information in your submission:

1. The current street address for the system being updated
  2. New system street address, city, state, zip code
  3. New location phone number (if applicable)
  4. Any changes to your contact list (if applicable)
  5. Date you would like these changes to take effect

If you would like to place your system on test mode with our central station for up to one week, please include this as well. Remember that you can place your system on test and remove your system from test mode by calling our central station directly.

Please remember to also update your billing address if applicable.

We do have central monitoring so I assume we need to set the system to test mode for a few days while the conversion takes places?

Yes, you will want to place the account on test mode so you can setup and test the system at the new home. Per above you can request this in the secure message or you can directly control test mode by contacting the central station.

How do we get the devices reprogrammed for our new home?

Some sensors will swap one for one (stuff like Front Door, Garage Door, etc.) but yes you will likely need to adjust programming on some sensors - at the very least sensor names. This would be done at the panel using your installer code.

This thread goes over programming instructions for 2GIG Sensors, including tutorial videos.