Help Forum

Motorized Blind Integration

Support Motorized Blind Integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

josh1014
    Participant

Could someone please provide a current update on the motorized blind situation as it relates to ADC.

I’m looking into either the somfy or lutron caseta motorized shade systems.

Do either of these systems:

1) Integrate with ADC such that current state is available
    2) Integrate with the GC3 panel
    3) Integrate with Samsung SmartThings

Thanks!

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Blinds would be compatible through the Lutron Caseta and control of them could be achieved through Alarm.com but not at the panel

You may find this post helpful

josh1014
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm, the ADC app would be able to see current state of the Lutron Caseta blinds?

Also, from what I’ve read (which may be outdated) the Somfy system can be added to ADC as a standard Zwave device without the ability to see current status.

My local blinds retailer only carries Somfy, so I was going to look elsewhere to get the Lutron system unless someone can confirm that Somfy compatibility has improved. It sounds like Lutron is still the best option.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Somfy would not be compatible at this time. The Lutron blinds are currently the only ones compatible through Alarm.com

gee.force
    Participant

Hello, are Somfy RTS blinds now compatible with alarm.com?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Technically using the Somfy ZRTSI you can already use Somfy blinds. The ZRTSI allows you to learn in the blinds as virtual z-wave devices in any controller, but the caveat is that in Alarm.com these will be listed as normal switches. Also we’ve been told the virtual node status is not relayed to the controller, it is just one way control.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“(They) are very quick to reply with thorough, knowledgeable, complete and helpful answers… I really can’t say enough about how impressive they are…. I am a huge fan and would highly recommend…”

G.N. , Westfield, NJ , Yelp , 7/03/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.