Motion Sensor in Inclement Weather

Can your motion sensor operate in freezing temperatures but protected from the weather (such as inside a shed next to the house)?

In order to better assist you, what panel type are you working with?

All of the Motion Sensors listed on suretyDIY’s store page are rated for indoor use only.

You would require a motion detector that is rated for outdoor use.

I don’t have a system yet. I’m looking into getting one and I really need 3 door sensors, 1 motion detector (for the unconditioned shed attached to the house), a siren, and I would prefer 2 panels. Is there outdoor equipment I could buy separately and have you link with the system or would I have to do that myself? Do you know of a place I can buy that equipment or are you able to buy it and bill me for it?

I’m leaning toward the Qolsys because I like the integrated camera on the keypad–but as I mentioned on another thread I would like a secondary keypad which appears to be out of stock on your site right now.

Is there outdoor equipment I could buy separately and have you link with the system or would I have to do that myself? Do you know of a place I can buy that equipment or are you able to buy it and bill me for it?

Any additional equipment purchased from a third party would need to be programmed by the user.

GE does make an outdoor motion detector (no D/W sensors that I am aware) which should fit your needs.

I would like a secondary keypad which appears to be out of stock on your site right now

A new model of secondary keypad is taking its place, should be up and available this week.

Still shows out of stock. Any update?

With regards to the new secondary panel, it should go up soon. I’ll see if i cant get an ETA by tomorrow.

The new IQ2 is available now.