monitoring in Florida?

I saw a thread here that said you don’t offer monitoring in Florida. Is that still true? Do you suggest any other companies in Florida I could use that would do the monitoring with your equipment?

Also, on your pricing page, I’m not entirely clear what the line item: “With suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring” means. I see that is is a higher cost, but I’m not clear what happens if you get it or don’t get it.

Thanks, – Shawn

Correct. Unfortunately, we do not currently monitor in Florida, and can not recommend another provider in the area. 24/7 central station monitoring is offered to residents in the state of Florida.

If you use your Alarm.com compatible equipment without a service plan, it essentially works to make noise in your home, but you will not be able to access it remotely, and the signals are not sent anywhere.

Gold and Basic Interactive service without Central Station monitoring provides you with with an Alarm.com account and remote access to your system via smart cell phone, computer, iPad, etc. Using an Alarm.com account without 24/7 Central Station is often referred to as “self monitoring”. When a DIYer self-monitors, the signals do not go through to a Central Station account in the event of an alarm. With Alarm.com powered accounts, you can set up various notifications, so those who self monitor use those notifications to determine whether they need to call the emergency authorities themselves. I’m personally an advocate of using central station if you have already invested in a system.

The $19.95 is for Gold Interactive itself, and $14.95 is for Basic Interactive service itself. The price below on the line that says “With suretyCAM 24/7 Central Station Monitoring” shows the $27.95 and $22.95. The additional $8 fee is for the added Central Station account monitoring. This means that in addition to that described above, signals are also sent to the CS, who responds to emergency situations by contacting your desired call list and then dispatching emergency authorities if need be. We used to offer service only with central station monitoring, as that is the norm in the industry, but we found that many Do-It-Yourselfers prefer to self monitor, which is what caused us to offer the option to do so.

Isn’t alarm.com doing the monitoring? I would think they would be setup in Florida. Does that mean they are not? Or are you are doing the monitoring yourselves (or whomever you are sourcing that out to)?

Isn’t alarm.com doing the monitoring?

No. ADC provides the backend. it is basically a giant Server.

Central Station is setup by the Dealer via their own account, and signals are handed off from ADC to the CS

Thanks! OK, one more question – will you match other dealer pricing on the same equipment?

No but you’re welcome to order equipment elsewhere. We can still be your Alarm.com provider.

your best bet is to get your equipment off newegg, ebay, amazon, buy2gig, etc.

For Florida Central Station monitoring, an option is Geoarm, Livewatch, Locknalarm, but be warned that locknalarm’s contract for central station requires you to obtain a 1 million dollar liability policy with them as a beneficiary. Failure to get that policy technically has you in breech of the contract terms. see: https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/locknalarm-pushes-new-comtracts-tequires-1-mill-liability-policy/

see: http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/2-2GIG-alarm-com-Central-Station-Monitoring-options?s=292b307dcb10dd860b18bfe10298f2a0

Holy !@$$T! That’s the weirdest thing I ever heard of for a consumer service.

I called http://buy2gig.com/ and they said they offer monitoring in Florida. They are exclusively 2GIG (I think). They don’t seem to be setup as well suretydiy, but maybe worth a try? Anyone heard of this outfit?

buy2gig is locknalarm aka Around The Clock Lock & Alarm/General Security. see above modified post and link. Locknalarm/GenSec is not exclusively using 2GIG. Their Central Station is Security Partners.

The 2gigforum they have I created and built with another, wrote most of the sensor programming 'HOW TOs" (and then sold)

Surety is by far superior even if you don’t get Central Station (Just my opinion). Tech support is unequaled. You can still Go SuretyCAM DIY Alarm.com Gold even in Florida ($19.95) You can setup automated alerts and notifications (ideally you want Image Sensors/cameras, so you can remotely view your home in the event of an alarm) https://suretyhome.com/diy-monitoring-packages/