Support Forum

Lutron schedule working intermittently

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bmodr8
    Participant

I have a set schedule for my exterior lights connected to 5 Lutron switches that turns them on at sunset and off and sunrise. Lately they have not been turning off consistently in the morning. Sometimes I have to go into the app and manually turn them off. It’s all 5 lights that are staying on, so it seems like a communication issue between ADC and my hub? This also doesn’t seem to be a problem with turning them on at night. What should I be looking at to troubleshoot?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Generally the first thing to try when a timed schedule is failing to activate consistently is delete and recreate the schedule in Alarm.com.

Login to your Alarm.com account and navigate to Automation. Click the trash icon to the right of the rule in question to delete it. Wait a couple minutes then recreate a rule with the same desired effect.

Do the lights begin turning off as expected after recreating the rule?

If not do you have any other rules which also affect those lights? If another rule would turn them on and leave them on indefinitely, it may supersede the first.

bmodr8
    Participant

I’ll give this a shot and monitor it over the next couple of weeks. There are no other rules affecting these lights.

xeon
    Participant

May I ask how you can can set it to turn off at sunrise? I have some Lutron lights set up to turn on at sunset (and they always do) but I have to always manually turn them off at sunrise. However, I use the Lutron app.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

However, I use the Lutron app.

I can’t speak to the options in the Lutron app, but in Alarm.com there is an option to schedule an off action in a schedule after turning a device on. Sunrise is a variable for that, or a specific time of day. These are Alarm.com rules and they wouldn’t necessary have the same options in the native Lutron app.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.