low battery indicator on console

when i installed this unit the other day it indicated that there was a low battery. i just purchased and installed a new one and plugged it into the back panel, but the low battery indicator is still present. i can send photos if that helps.

Hi Sasha,

The battery will typically be reported as low when you first install it. It’s usually not fully charged when sent from the factory and it may take a day or two to fully charge up. Did you plug the battery pack into the battery terminal as shown at 1:15 in this video?

If you did that and you left it plugged in for a day or two and it still shows low battery then we might have a hardware problem to look into.

Best Regards,
Ryan

i plugged in the battery as instructed. the first one was plugged in for a week so i assumed it was a defective battery and ordered another battery online which arrive friday. that has been plugged in since friday and is still not charged. i can send photos from friday showing the battery is plugged in and the low battery icon on the control panel. thank you

That sounds like it must be a defective control panel. I’ll have someone reach out to you directly to process the return authorization. Don’t worry, we’ll be able to import all the programming from the old panel to the new panel so you won’t lose or have to reprogram anything.

Best Regards,
Ryan

Thank you. I also emailed videos to your tech support email about another keypad issue. I have calibrated the key pad several times-I sent a video showing me doing it. Yet the calibration doesn’t help. I can type in the number 3, but 8 will be illuminate. It takes me on average 4 times to key in my code. I sent two separate videos showing me trying to type in the code. Will the entire 2GIG control panel be replaced or repaired? If it’s being repaired, this issue also needs to be addressed. If it is being replaced, then that should also solve this problem. Again, thank you

We have received your follow up emails and want to replace the panel. A follow up email will be headed your way this morning with the options for how we can swap out the defective piece with a replacement.