Loss of Supervision on 2GIG sensor

We are getting an error message that says “Loss of Sensor Supervision” for a window. We have a motion sensor as well for that room, so we can bypass it, however the system is still beeping every twenty seconds and we can’t stop the loud noise. Help!

Pressing “OK” on the alert message screen will silence the beeps for a period of time.

The Loss of Sensor Supervision message refers to the interval check-in signal the sensor uses to let the panel know it is still there and functioning.

Loss of supervision is commonly seen due to a few different possible issues:

1. Borderline or poor sensor signaling due to distance from panel.
  2. Environmental interference from excess metal, or mounted to metal surface.
  3. Battery levels borderline low.
  4. A large number of sensors (40+) we’ve seen can cause intermittent loss of supervision, but usually this affects random sensors.

Have you only seen this on one sensor? What type of sensor is it? Door/Window, Motion, Glass Break, etc.?
Where is it mounted?
Is it new? If not, have you replaced the battery?
How far is it from the panel?
Is it mounted to a metal surface/very close to a metal surface?

I’m having a similar issue but all my sensors have stopped working. I changed the battery but nothing is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It does not appear this is related to any suretyDIY subscription, is that correct? Unfortunately in that case we would be unable to see any system details.

I guess the main question would be whether you are using individual wireless sensors or a TAKE-345 takeover module and existing hardwired sensors.

If no wireless sensors at all are functioning in any way, you may have an issue with your transceiver or panel.

If your panel is reporting loss of supervision for all sensors and you are using a TAKE-345, it is very likely that the TAKE is no longer powered or malfunctioning.

To assist: what models of sensors are you using? What all errors are you seeing at the panel? Do any sensors function? If so which models are they?

@Jason, can you tell the time that the sensor has to be offline for supervisory failure report?

@Jason, can you tell the time that the sensor has to be offline for supervisory failure report?

This will differ based on the sensor and system. For 2GIG, the supervisory interval is 70 minutes. The panel expects wireless supervision signals at that interval or loss of supervision occurs.

Hi - our system has worked flawlessly for years until last night all sensors reported “Loss of Sensor Supervision”. I have not been able to make this message go away despite trying to test/trigger the sensors (nothing happens).

Can this be due to a battery issue?

Please advice as to what to do.

Sincerely,
Jan

It doesn’t look like this is a Surety subscription, is that correct? I would otherwise send some commands to the system and try a little troubleshooting.

If not, there are a couple likely causes for that kind of error:

1. If you have a TAKE-345, your takeover module could have either failed or lost all power. This would result in all zones connected to the TAKE reporting loss of supervision.
  2. The transceiver failed.

Is this a 2GIG GC2 or GC3 panel?

In either case, first reboot the panel by fully removing power, wait a couple minutes, then plug back in battery then AC transformer.

Any change? Do sensors report? If not, what firmware version do you have on your panel?

Hi Jason,

I appreciate the quick reply!
I believe we have a GC2 panel - we bought the house and the previous owners had this system installed so I do not believe we have a subscription.

When you say fully removing power you mean to remove both battery power and the hardwired power? I am having a really hard time removing the battery power for some reason - don’t want to pull to hard to break the contact.

Thanks,
Jan

When you say fully removing power you mean to remove both battery power and the hardwired power? I am having a really hard time removing the battery power for some reason - don’t want to pull to hard to break the contact.

Yes, both the transformer and the internal battery need to be disconnected. Be sure to pull on the connector piece and not the battery wires themselves.

Rebooted and it all is working now! Thank you so much!

Hopefully it stays working!!

Jan