Loss of CO Supervision

We have a 2GIG-CP21-345 control panel. On 1-14-19, I pulled a 2GIG-CO3-345 wireless Carbon Monoxide Alarm, located in the hallway, because it was showing an end-of-life warning light (yellow). I replaced it with a new 2GIG-CO3-345 along with a new battery. I used the old mounting plate with the new sensor. I tested the new sensor and it produces a 3-beep alarm sound. Its LED flashes a green light every 12-15 seconds. The control panel continues to show the following system alert: hallway carbon monoxide detector: Loss of CO supervision. I acknowledged the alert but the control panel continues to display the triangular yellow warning symbol next to the Security button and the system alert does not go away. Usually when I fix a problem, the alert disappears from the control panel. I am concerned this sensor is not working properly. Can you give me guidance to clear the alerts and assurance the sensor is operating/communicating with the control panel? Thanks in advance…

Clearing the alert at the panel will temporarily stop the alert from beeping, but the underlying problem will not go away until resolved and the beeping will return.

If you tamper the new sensor, does it register at the panel?

Records indicate that the CO detector is currently reporting a malfunction and a tamper. When you replaced the sensor, did you make the necessary changes in panel programming? If not, you will want to remove the original sensor’s TX-ID from panel programming and enter the new one into panel programming. To do so:

Click the logo at the bottom right hand corner of the panel home screen, enter your installer code and click on system programming. Cycle right until you reach the CO sensor in question. Then press the down arrow until you get to “RF sensor serial number”. Then click shift, Learn and tamper the new Carbon alarm to learn its serial number (TX-ID) into the panel. Once updated, click Next, Skip, End and exit saving changes.