Looking to utilize a 2GIG-TAKE-345 with a 2GIG GC3

In order for the Takeover module to convert hardwire zones of the old system to wireless, does the old system still need to be installed and working properly? It’s a Honeywell system but I think the board is shot.

Is it possible to run the wired zones directly to the takeover module and power the takeover module directly using the same type of step down transformer I’m using on the controller? I also have a battery that I can install between the transformer and the takeover module. I’m assuming I run the power + and - wires to the same points as the takeover module power?

happy to assist!

"In order for the Takeover module to convert hardwire zones of the old system to wireless, does the old system still need to be installed and working properly? It’s a Honeywell system but I think the board is shot."

The old panel wouldn’t necessarily need to be fully functional, just so long as power is being supplied correctly.

"Is it possible to run the wired zones directly to the takeover module and power the takeover module directly using the same type of step down transformer I’m using on the controller?"

In a scenario like this, you would need a power supply like the Altronix AL624. Wire the Take to the 12V DC backup battery and the battery to the Al624.

The 2GIG TAKE-345 manual shows diagrams covering both powering off the existing system and via the power supply.

Additionally, this video covers wiring and programming the takeover module. Programming covers the GC2/Go!Control but the process is very similar to the GC3.