Looking to switch to suretyDIY

I have an existing system ( no camera/no automation) with a 2GIG panel, 2 remote alarm panels and a bunch of door/window/sensors.

I really am not too keen on re-configuring all the sensors since they are all linked via the panel ( z-wave). I am interested in switching to the gold monitoring system?

I have looked at the site and it looks pretty reasonable.

Any advice

thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Which panel are you currently utilizing? If it is the 2GIG SkyControl panel, it would not be compatible with our service.

If you are looking to switch with the 2GIG Go!Control, that would be compatible, you can find out more information on the switching process with a 2GIG Go!Control panel here. Please note, you will need an unregistered, Alarm.com compatible, 3G cellular module in order to use our service.

The Gold Interactive service plan can be purchased with, or without, 24/7 Central Station Monitoring. You can find pricing as well as add ons here.

Once the desired service plan has been purchased and our team has processed your account, commands would be sent to your panel to open programming and default your installer code. Note that this process would not remove any sensors or z-wave devices already learned into the panel.

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to be a 2GIG-CP21-345E.

So I guess the steps are :

1. order the new communication module and when received.
  2. Cancel vivint and turn off alarm monitoring.
  3. install new comm module
  4. activate service

That sounds so easy. I have good luck with vivint but dont like the fact that I cant control the system myself and need to pay $50.00 for a new smoke detector installation.

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems to be a 2GIG-CP21-345E.

No Problem. Yes, that would be the Go!Control.

Should you need a new cellular communications module, you may find that the 2GIG Takeover Kit will include everything that you need to get started.

The ordering proces was super fast. I am looking forward to getthing the takeover kit.
the instructions are clear except:

I just wanted to be sure about the intaller codes? I dont know them for the existing panel. Will I need them?

I think the sequencte is to
uprgrade the firmware
add the comm module.

I think I need the installed codes to do the test call? Please advise. Everything else looks very clear.

You are correct on the order. The installer code is defaulted and programming opened upon connecting with our service. About 20 minutes worth of initial commands will be sent, then you should be able to use the default 1561.

You do typically need to run a cell phone test to kick start the connection though. To do so you can also use the panel master user code instead of the installer code. Both methods are shown in this video.

OK. I got vivint to disconnect our system. They also gave me installer code.

I followed the instructions. Current firmware on the vivint panel is 1.96
I unzipped software
set up shortcut
set it to -com3
disconnected power
disconnected battery back up

set up laptop and connected to the panel
and i kept getting pinging but no panel. waited for about 2 minutes no connection.

I reconnected battery and panel panel starts so I didnt fry it

any suggestions?

Just to clarify since the steps above do not indicate this:

Make sure the panel is connected to update cable prior to running software program. Run updater program, then plug in panel power while the software is looking for a panel.

Have you performed the above in that order?

Yes. I re-unzipped the software and followed the video exactly for some reason it worked this time and I got a " passed" Powered down and up and confirmed update. That looks great

Now I just swapped the comm module and reconnected antenna.

went to cell test but getting a failure? almost there!!!

Did you swap the module with the panel powered down? You never want to work on the internal components and swap hardware while the panel is powered. If it was powered up, power cycle the panel now, wait a few minutes after powering up and retry.

You’ll want to wait a few minutes after powering back up to run the cell test, so you may just need to retry the test now.

Also, make sure you are using the cell antenna which comes with the module. If you are using an older 2G antenna (they are smaller and easy to distinguish) that can severely impact signaling

perfect. this is a charm. it looks good . i will add the new antenna. The issue now is getting hooked up with alarm.com vivint seemed to disconnect all the sensors except smoke alerm. I can see them on then panel. as you know, I can should still get notifications for example when a door is opened but it is not on alarm.com monitoring.

your service and tech support has been fantastic. I would highly recommend your company to anyone

I can see them on then panel

Make sure when you install the antenna that the system is powered down. Whenever modifying physical components there should be no power.

Looks like only some of the sensors populated in Alarm.com. Do you mean that you can see more sensors on the panel locally in programming?

Might need to run another cell test. Make sure to remain out of programming for 20 minutes or so following the cell test. Powering down or entering programming can interrupt the initial connection.

your service and tech support has been fantastic. I would highly recommend your company to anyone

Thank you for the kind words! We are always happy to help out!

I have about 15 sensors and 2 remote touch panels. I am trying to see how many still populate since the switch. I have gone through installer toolbox and am still learning how to be sure that the previous vivint system has everything carried over. I have attached a list from vivintcontrol panel. I just dont see the 2 touchpads.

So I will activate alarm.com once done

We’ve removed the list for security. However, if you were looking for TS1s in the list you had attached, there were two Keypads labeled there. Those are the TS1 touchscreens.

I think we are good. i went and did a walk through and all the sensors and keypads seem ok. I just didt test the smoke alarm/co detector. I do appreciate your help. when you use vivint most of these things are done by the tech and it takes a while to figure out a new system

One last issue. I registered with alarm. com I am still in disarm mode.
However, wehen I log onto alarm.com I see only 2 sensors

Garage Door CLOSED
Carbon Monoxide Rear IDLE

In addition, I see the 3 keyfob and 2 touchpads.

When I go into test mode, I walked around and all of the door window sensors and alarms worked. Am I missing something?

When I go onto the website, I see only keyfo

For the sensors you do not see, go into programming and for each sensor navigate down to “Sensor Reports”

Reports should be Enabled for all sensors.

Sorry to be so needy. Happy to pay extra for the support.

On system summary on alarm.com I see only 2 sensors
Garage Door CLOSED
Carbon Monoxide Rear IDLE2,

I read the manual and watched video for GC3 Panel = same idea

My actions and results are as below

1. GO to Security
  2. Menu
  3. Toolbox
  4. Installer ToolBox
  5. System Config

Sensor

XX Front door
00 Unused ???
0862 2GIG window door
RF serial 0746XXX
(0) New (???)
Loop Sensor 2 ( these are for window/door sensors) and heat smoke alarms
(0) dialer delay
“front door” voice descriptor
RF sensor reporting - 1 enabled
RF sensor supervised (1) enabled
11. Chime with voice #1

I do not the sensor on alarm.com. dont hear the chime when I open the door.

I compared against the garage door sensor settings which is showing up

No rush but I wonder what I am doing wrong?

We’re happy to assist! Questions are what we are here for.

In this case the fix is pretty easy: the first programming option is going to be the Zone type. (00) Unused means essentially that zone is skipped and is not being monitored. You simply need to set the zone type appropriately.

Typically for a front door, that would be (01) Entry Exit 1. Setting the Zone type tells the panel how it will react to the signals from that sensor ID.

A list of programming tutorials for the 2GIG Panel can be found here.

Videos are helpful.

Current issues:

1. The walk around mode appears to identify all sensors.

2. When I go to installer panel, system config, the panel will identify sensor serial numbers. When I try the “learn mode” as mentioned in the videos, nothing happens at all. I have tried both new and old.

3. “garage interior door” - it not will identify open and close and provide voice notification. It will not show up on the alarm.com panel as an active sensor. It would not respond to the “learn mode”

4. The smoke alarms appear to be identified as motion detectors.

5. I wonder if I should just get a new updated CG3 panel and re-install all from scratch?

6. As you know, finding the serial numbers on door sensors, which are already installed, is not easy.

Thanks again.