Light On/Off Status Limit (10 devices)

I just added my 11th z-wave device and got a message that only 10 devices can show their on/off status. Is there a way add more devices to show their status, just like when you go over the 50 monitor sensors and for a fee to 10 more sensors? Or is this just a limit put by ADC?

This is simply a limit imposed to ensure there is no functional impact on the panel. Due to a patent issue, the Z-wave lights cannot update the panel with their status. The panel must poll the switches to determine status. In order to have an accurate status, this polling needs to be fairly constant.

Is this limitation imposed by the panel software or the settings imposed by the panel providers? If the former, do you know if the Qolsys IQPanel2 has the same 10-device limitation on state tracking? Thank you!

The light status capability is based off of Alarm.com rules saved at the panel. Only certain panels are compatible. The limit of 10 is somewhat arbitrary, but needed to ensure no impact on the alarm system function as the rule must be processed continually throughout the day, devices pinged for their status.

All panels compatible with light status polling currently have a limit of 10.

I tried to add 6th and it says limit is 5. Qolsys Panel 2

I tried to add 6th and it says limit is 5. Qolsys Panel 2

Ah, this is a separate setting on the Panel itself, unrelated to status monitoring. Happy to help out!

The IQ Panel comes with device limits that can be set individually for lights, locks, thermostats, etc., which are set individually in the panel. You can adjust these as necessary.

You can find this under Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Z-wave Devices > Z-wave Settings.

Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. I found the settings.

Does Alarm.com still have 10 lights max limit?
If not can I pay more for service to add extra lights?

I have 8 lights now, but I want to add 10 more. With Siri it works gorgeous.

I do not want to buy->install (somewhere I do not have neutral wire and have to pay electrician to run it) and later find that 10 devices is a max limit. I have Qolsys 2+.

Thanks again.

BTW: Your CS is the best. It was the best decision to start with you 6 months ago. :slight_smile:

Does Alarm.com still have 10 lights max limit? If not can I pay more for service to add extra lights?

Yes, but to avoid confusion, this is not a max limit on the number of lights supported by ADC, this is a limit on the number of Z-wave lights that are polled by the panel for real-time status.

There is not a hard limit on the number of Z-wave lights that ADC will allow you to have connected or controlled through ADC. That type of limit is dependent on the panel.

You cannot increase the status limit of 10, though according to ADC it does not apply to new Z-wave plus devices, which re able to provide the status themselves without polling.

BTW: Your CS is the best. It was the best decision to start with you 6 months ago.

Thank you for the feedback! A lot of exciting additions and improvements to the Surety site are on the way shortly! Stay tuned!