Left my old Alarm.com Reseller looking to move to Surety

So turned off my old provider after they decided to raise the price again and again and oh yeah did I mention again?

I want to sign up with Surety, what do I need to do? Do I need to buy a new modem or should it be released now or? My system is a 2gig GC2

Thanks in advance,

Wes

Hi Wesley, this page should help you get started…

Hey guys,

So I’m running a Verizon 3G module, do I still need to upgrade to the latest firmware or?

Thanks in advance!

Wes

If you are keeping the same module you were previously using and it is unregistered, there wouldn’t be a functional need for firmware update. It is always good to keep your firmware current for best device compatibility, but it wouldn’t be necessary to get started unless you switched to an LTE module that required newer firmware.

Thank you Jason, I put away my firmware upgrade cable somewhere. . . I’m sure I’ll find it. Question I saw in another post on the forum that if I have a Go!Bridge and I do, I can just do an OTA update for free? If that’s so would you mind pushing it? I Have a TS1 and always found updating it to be painful. The GC2 was cake the TS1 not having the pins on the board was just flaky.

Thanks in advance!

Wes

Over The Air Updates (OTA) can be sent to upgrade firmware. If done over broadband there is no associated data charge, however if done over cellular, there is a $10.00 data charge associated with each OTA.

Records indicate that your panel is at firmware version 1.13. A single OTA can be sent to upgrade your panels firmware to 1.19.1.

This OTA can take anywhere from 3-12 hours to complete. During this time, your panel will continue to function normally but it should not be power cycled nor should programming mode be entered. Doing so can cause damage your system!

If you use the TS1 secondary panel, please ensure that it is paired with the main panel before the OTA commences. The OTA Update will not be able to affect the TS1 if it is not paired properly. Note that the most recent firmware version for the TS1 at this time is 1.16. This version is compatible with the main panel at 1.19.1.

Is it okay to push at this time?

Yes Sir, please feel free to push when you can.

Thanks!

Wes

The OTA has been sent. It should be noted that during the upgrade, events will continue to be processed except during a few seconds at the end of the upgrade when the panel reboots. This will signify that the update has finished. You can confirm the firmware version directly at the panel.