Leaving Vivint - Unlocking Cellular Communicator

SuretyDIY,

I am canceling my service with Vivint this week. I am going with SuretyDIY, but I didn’t know if there was any “special language” or “special process” to get Vivint to unlock the 3G Cellular Communicator in my GC2 panel.

I have installer code access and I have set Q44/Q45 to disabled (0) to prevent lockout. Is there anything else I need to do regarding the panel settings to prevent lockout?

Regards.

DW

Happy to help! In general everything you might need to get started with an existing 2GIG Control Panel is found here.

I didn’t know if there was any “special language” or “special process” to get Vivint to unlock the 3G Cellular Communicator in my GC2 panel.

Unfortunately I have never seen a module be re-usable from that provider. The modules from the provider you mention are tied to that provider even if unregistered.

A new module would be required.

I have installer code access and I have set Q44/Q45 to disabled (0) to prevent lockout. Is there anything else I need to do regarding the panel settings to prevent lockout?

No. Once you have connected your system to suretyDIY service, even if locked, the 2GIG panel Q44/45 would be remotely disabled and installer code set to default value (1561) shortly after connecting.

Jason,

That was what I was expected, even though the Vivint Technical Support Manager said the module would be unlocked and released to me upon cancellation.

I am going to go with the “2GIG Switch To DIY Kit”, but is there anything I else I need (hardware or monitoring wise) to allow for the hardware below to work:

• 2GIG Go!Bridge IP Communicator
  • 2GIG TS1 (I need to update the firmware)
  • Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter 2E x 2 (I had the Energy Monitoring hardware, but Vivint didn’t allow the monitoring in ADC)

Regards.

DW

I am going to go with the “2GIG Switch To DIY Kit”, but is there anything I else I need (hardware or monitoring wise) to allow for the hardware below to work:

– 2GIG Go!Bridge IP Communicator
– 2GIG TS1 (I need to update the firmware)
– Aeon Labs Home Energy Meter 2E x 2

If you already have a working TS1 and Go!bridge, no additional hardware would be needed aside from the switch kit. If you are adding the Go!Bridge and TS1 and do not already have one, an XCVR2 would be needed for communication with 900Mhz devices.

For energy monitoring, Smart Energy Management add-on would just need to be added after getting started via secure message. You could also include this as a note on your initial order if you wish. You can view add-ons at the bottom of this page.

Jason,

I have the XCVR2 (the 900MHZ transceiver). My goal is to configure all the new hardware once I switch to suretyDIY. However, is there anything regarding the 3G Verizon Module swap that I need to be aware of to make sure I don’t brick my Go!Bridge or TS1?

Regards.

DW

However, is there anything regarding the 3G Verizon Module swap that I need to be aware of to make sure I don’t brick my Go!Bridge or TS1?

Be sure to fully power down the system before removing and replacing the module. Unplug the transformer first from its receptacle and then unplug the internal battery.

When powering back up, plug in battery first, then transformer.

Make sure to follow the 2GIG Firmware update instructions in the PDF included with firmware versions. The TS1 four pin connector must be inserted in the proper orientation or you can damage the TS1.

A video on updating the GC2 firmware can be found here.