Kwikset lock not getting secure connection

I have repeatedly removed and added kwikset lock but continue to get message secure connection was not established during enrollment i have even rediscovered network several times and it still gives me that message? Any clue as to why I cannot successfully program lock to panel?

How far is the lock from the controller when you are attempting to add it? (it should be very close for learning into the network)

Also, what model of Kwikset are you using?

Ugh , still no luck, it us a kwikset smart code signature series home connect

It worked with vivint panel , I don’t understand why it’s not working with go control, it registers as node 16 but cannot be remotely controlled due to no secure connection during enrollment, any clue as to why??

How close should it be I have had it inches near panel before lol, now it’s about 10 feet away but still enrolls and registers

kwikset smart code signature series home connect

This might correspond with a few different model numbers. Could you provide the model number? (Is it a kwikset 910? kwikset 914? for example)

Is this a newer lock? Has it been used with a Go!Control panel specifically in the past?

There is no model number, it just says kwikset smart code lock home connect z wave compatible on box no model number it can be zigbee also whatever that is?? I’m now on node 17 , it keeps using a new node after I delete and continue to add ad it to no avail it registers as a black and Decker f o r some reason , it says secure lock black and Decker , but no mobile functionality, keep getting error secure connection not established, my z wave sirens work perfectly ,but not lock :frowning:

This link shows the 910, 912, 914, and 916 models along with their respective documents. Which model matches the lock you currently have?

Oh ok it is the 910 model should have said deadbolt, my fault

Just to be certain, the lock has five numbered buttons and not ten numbered buttons?

The lock should be within a few feet of the controller during enrollment. It should remain there for a couple minutes during the process. After a couple minutes, you can test the lock at the control panel.

At the control panel itself, are you able to select Services, Z-wave, Locks, and access the control options for that lock?

Yes with a lock icon in the middle, I took off lock and literally sat it on top of p panel and I still get same results , any clue as to why??

You can in fact get them too close :slight_smile:

A few feet is all you need. Something else is going wrong during enrollment. I don’t recall a dual zigbee and zwave model of kwikset, they are either or.

So you cannot access or control the lock at all on the GoControl? The error message happens as soon as ot finishes enrollment and you see this error on the panel screen?

Is this your only lock?

Yes , no I can’t access it on panel, it gives me the message on phone , in am going to try it again, what would reset controller do? I also get a text saying lock offline, then online, if I try to access on panel it just stays at acquiring z wave device status

I would suggest trying to reset the controller. The issue is either with the panel or the lock.

Locks require encrypted transmission, and the security info is being lost.

Reset controller will delete the panels z-wave network.

You will still need to use the remove device function prior to readding each device.

Go ahead and try to reset the zwave controller.

Michael, were you able to get your lock to work with the panel? I am in the same boat. The 910 model kwikset used to be connected to vivint and now I am trying to reconnect it with another alarm.com provider. No luck & same message.

I am trying to reconnect it with another alarm.com provider. No luck & same message.

Curious, when learning in the lock, are you exiting out of the Z-wave add menu as soon as a device is found during add mode? You will want to wait and not back out until the device type is listed.

So, in general:

Lock and panel within a few feet.
Remove device on panel, program button on the lock.
Wait a moment, then Add device on panel, program button on lock.
Wait at least a minute without touching the panel. It should first show that a device was discovered and that it is “Querying Device Info” Only back out once the device type populates.

Once you are done and the panel and lock are in their permanent location, run a network rediscovery.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, no I still have had no luck in enrolling my kwikset lock originally installed by Vivint , I’m thinking they may have locked it from being used by another panel somehow , it works just fine with vivint sky panel, I finally gave up and just use it standalone i.e… seperate from panel, the gc2 panel recognizes it as a black and Decker brand when enrolled ,but it still does not enroll completely for some reason and malfunctions . I will try again, by program button, do you mean the actual program button ,to program access codes into the lock? Or the smaller button just above , that emits red light when pressed

do you mean the actual program button ,to program access codes into the lock? Or the smaller button just above , that emits red light when pressed

The small button near the top used for Z-wave learning, not the code program button.

I am having the same exact problem with my Kwikset model 910 deadbolt. I actually had this lock on my other vivint system and we moved and Vivint put a different electronic lock with a handle and gave me this one. So I brought it to my home and placed it on another door. I am having the same exact issue. it recognized the lock but it won’t allow it to work because “A secure connection was not established during the enrollment of the following lock(s)”

Thanks

Have you performed “Remove Device” first?

Z-wave devices need to be removed from their parent network first.

From above, try following these steps and let us know if it results in the same message:

Lock and panel within a few feet.
Remove device on panel, program button on the lock.
Wait a moment, then Add device on panel, program button on lock.
Wait at least a minute without touching the panel. It should first show that a device was discovered and that it is “Querying Device Info” Only back out once the device type populates.