Key Fob aux button 2GIG-KEY2-345 GC3

All,

I have a 2gig-key2-345 key fob that I am trying to get the auxillary button to turn on a light in the house. I have the alarm functions working, but I can not figure out how to set up the aux button. I think that I will have to set the automation rule on ADC, but I am unsure how to add the button itself to the 2GIG GC3.

Thanks,

Isaac

The 4th button on the keyfob is not designed for that purpose and cannot be directly learned into the panel as a sensor. Activating z-wave lights with the 4th button is a bit of a hack, but it can be done pretty easily. This video shows the process on the GC2.

The same process can be done on the GC3, (in fact the GC3 has two open collectors to use) by creating a hardwired zone that is tripped by the open collector activation.

In the GC3, the open collector that you used to hardwire the zone in the panel should be set as disabled. This will be either Q44 or 45.

The wired zone programming should be set the same as in the video and can be found under System Settings > Installer Toolbox > System Configuration > Wired Zones.

In the keyfob programming, System Settings > Installer Toolbox > System Configuration > Keyfobs, you would set the Fob Output to toggle.

Then you can create a rule in Alarm.com the same as the video tutorial and trigger the lights.