Issue with schedules and missing Z-Wave devices

My system has lost two schedules.

1. front porch lights turn on 15m before sunset and turns off 15m after sunrise.
  2. bed LEDs turn on 15m before sunset and turn off 15m after sunrise.

I can see two schedules but only one Z-Wave device is listed to choose from. So both front porch lights and bed LEDs stay on 24/7. Please advise.

Happy to help!

Looking into this it appears that you only have one Z-Wave device listed. All others were removed on 5/6/2019 at 1:39 AM. Were these removed manually? Did you have a power outage around that time? Are any of the z-wave devices that are missing currently showing up in panel programming locally?

To resolve, you will likely need to add the Z-wave devices back into panel programming locally First remove the Z-wave devices, then add them back in. Tap Remove Devices on the Z-wave menu and press the pair button/sequence on the Z-wave devices one by one. The panel will acknowledge a device has been cleared. Then you should be able to add them back in to the panel.

Keep in mind you will need to reconfigure the rules in alarm.com that utilize the z-wave devices as the node IDs will be treated as new devices by Alarm.com

While rare, we have seen this issue before involving firmware version 1.10 on your panel (1.19.2 is the most recent)

You will want to update the firmware on your panel, either via Over the Air update or with the 2GIG USB update cable.

1. The Z-wave devices were not removed manually
  2. No known power outages (and clocks on appliances seem to function properly)
  3. I do not see the missing Z-wave devices in the Z-wave section on the panel (except the one receptacle we can both see).

Missing:
x2 - Aeotec Z-Wave Micro In-Wall Light/Appliance On/Off Switch (DSC18103-ZWUS). One is for for the kitchen lights that is not on a schedule. The other is for the front porch lights that is on a schedule (on 15m before sunset; off 15 min after sunrise)

x1 receptacle (LED strip lights under a bed plugged in) that is on a schedule (on 15m before sunset; off 15 minutes after sunrise).

If I understand correctly, since they are not showing up in the Z-wave devices list on the panel, I don’t need to remove the devices, just add them?! To add them, I go to the Z-wave menu and press the pair button/sequence on the device (which will require removing them from the electrical switch boxes and receptacle box). The rules are still in the alarm.com account, but the devices are not showing. If they show up, I’ll try adding the correct device to the rule. If they don’t, I’ll recreate the rules.

This sound correct? Trying to get my ducks in a row before I get back to the house and fight this.

I just read the following on the other thread you provided a link for. I’ll go through the process of removing each one before adding them back.

Copy/paste of a post on the other thread:
"If the panel’s Z-wave device list was errantly cleared, this would not clear the parent network link in the devices themselves.

Z-wave is a two-way communication method where both the device and the controller pair to each other. The devices must go through the “remove device” process even though they are not listed in the panel before they could be re-added.

Tap Remove Devices on the Z-wave menu and press the pair button/sequence on the Z-wave devices one by one. The panel will acknowledge a device has been cleared. Then you should be able to add them, assuming there are no issues with the Radio."

I’ll go through the process of removing each one before adding them back.

Correct. The Z-wave devices in question will need to be removed from the parent network first before attempting to add them back in (even though they are not appearing on the panel/in ADC)

To Remove a Z-Wave device from a 2GIG GC2 click on Services-> Z-wave-> Wrench Icon and enter your installer code then click Remove Devices. Then perform the paring sequence for the Z-wave device. The panel will then acknowledge that the device has been removed. Then follow the same steps but click Add Devices. When all Z-wave devices have been re-enrolled, be sure to run a Z-wave Network Rediscovery to ensure the best routes for communication.

You will also need to adjust the rules in ADC to account for the new z-wave IDs. You can edit or recreate the rule, either should work.

Have how-to link to “run a Z-wave Network Rediscovery to ensure the best routes for communication.”

Also, can you provide a how-to link to update the firmware through the wi/fi-inter-webs rather than using the cable?

Have how-to link to “run a Z-wave Network Rediscovery to ensure the best routes for communication.”

Services-> Z-wave-> Wrench Icon and enter your installer code then click Advanced Toolbox → Rediscover Network.

This should be done anytime Z-Wave devices are add/removed or physically moved

Also, can you provide a how-to link to update the firmware through the wi/fi-inter-webs rather than using the cable?

Over the air updates can be sent from our end to update your panel. OTA updates are somewhat incremental (meaning it may take more than one to update your panel to the latest version) and incur a $10.00 data charge anytime one is sent via cellular.

If sent via broadband they are free. With a 2GIG GC2, this would require the 2GIG Go!Bridge.

OTA updates can take anywhere from 3 to 12 hours to complete. When one is being sent, programming should not be entered as doing so can cause permanent damage to the panel.

Should you want an OTA update, please submit your request to our customer service team via the Secure Message Tool. OTA updates can only be sent during normal business hours Monday through Friday.

So is it $10 to get it completely/totally updated or $10 per increment?

Currently, a $10.00 data charge is associated with each OTA that is sent to the panel. As updates are somewhat incremental, it would take 2 separate OTA updates for your panel to get to the most recent firmware version.

Records indicate that your panel is currently at FW 1.10.1. In order to get to the current firmware version of 1.19.3.1 it would require one OTA to get to firmware version 1.12 and then a second to get to 1.19.3.1. This would be a total of $20.00 plus any applicable tax.

…and 3 to 12 hours for each of the two updates…so, 6 to 24 hours?

Correct. Each OTA update can take 3-12 hours to complete. In your case thats two OTA updates.

I think my panel is hard-wired in. If I go the USB wire route, does the USB power the panel while connected to the pc?

No, the 2GIG USB Update Cable does not supply power to the panel. It is one side USB and the other is a 4 pin connector specifically for the panel

This video will show you the process on how to update your panel’s firmware via the 2GIG USB cable

Firmware 1.19.3 can be downloaded here

If using the TS1 secondary panel, the firmware will also need to be updated on it as well. Currently the highest firmware version for the TS1 is 1.16, which is still compatible with 1.19.3 for the main panel. Version 1.16 for the TS1 is included via the previous link.

Tyler, just want to give an update.

It took me minute, but after researching the most simple steps (like the proper steps to power down and power up the gocontrol panel), I was able to get the firmware updated, and later, the devices removed and reinstalled. If you have a second, please verify my panel has the most up-to-date firmware. I remember you writing that it would take two OTA firmware updates, but I just clicked the newest firmware and it works.

It also took me a minute to swap an Aeon Labs internal switches (the mini device that fits behind the switch). One looked like it had burned where two wires plugged into it. I see now where these are no longer available and they were replaced by the new version, sooo…I took another one from a switch we didnt use often and replaced the one for the front porch lights.

Long story, already long, I want to thank you. You were very helpful. —-J

If you have a second, please verify my panel has the most up-to-date firmware. I remember you writing that it would take two OTA firmware updates, but I just clicked the newest firmware and it works.

It looks like you have 1.17.03 firmware currently. There is one more recent main version, but the changes in it are only required for new LTE communication modules. 1.17.03 should resolve the issue you saw with the Z-wave radio controller.

Firmware updates are more incremental when pushed remotely. (For example, we can only push later than 1.12 once the panel is at 1.12) However, local updates have fewer increment requirements.

It also took me a minute to swap an Aeon Labs internal switches (the mini device that fits behind the switch). One looked like it had burned where two wires plugged into it.

That sounds like there may have been arcing occurring between the wires. Were the wires exposed and sheath removed farther up the wire than just what was inserted into the terminals? That might be a cause, those switches are often cramped depending on what is in the gang box and the wires may be pushed around when closed up.

Glad to hear the issue is resolved for you! Please let us know if you have any other questions!