Issue with bluetooth disarming and thermostats

The only way my thermostat changes temperatures is if I use scenes for disarming and arming. This makes bluetooth disarming useless cause my temperature won’t change when bluetooth disarming is used. Is there a way to adjust that? Could they send a software update? Help please!

Happy to assist!

It does not appear that this is related to an account through suretYDIY, is that correct? If so, I would be limited in what I can see on the backend associated with this issue.

If that is the case, I’ll need a bit more information to help. Am I correct in assuming this is related to Alarm.com and an IQ Panel 2?
Which Thermostat are you currently utilizing?

A note regarding the IQ Panel 2 and bluetooth, the bluetooth disarming feature is a function that is between the panel and the bluetooth device itself, Alarm.com would not be involved. ADC would have no influence/control over disarming of the IQ Panel 2 via bluetooth.

Have you attempted to use schedules or Rules triggered from geo-fences for thermostat automation?

Yes it’s the IQ 2 panel and alarm.com. The thermostat is a Radio thermostat ct32. I can’t use geo fencing because I have no wifi. If I disarm using the panel the temperature will not change either. The only way the temperature changes is disarming using scenes in the app.

I can’t use geo fencing because I have no wifi.

Wifi is not related to geo-fence/geo-services in Alarm.com.

Geo-services use cell tower triangulation and are set up through Alarm.com. They are not affected by panel or panel type in any way. We cannot say whether Geo-services are supported on your service plan however if you use a different provider than suretyDIY.

The only way the temperature changes is disarming using scenes in the app.

Scenes do not cause a thermostat change due to a panel disarm. In a scene you would be setting a specific temp set-point at the same time you are sending a disarm command. This is two different commands sent simultaneously.

If I disarm using the panel the temperature will not change either

You cannot set “Event-Based” automation rules in Alarm.com to control a thermostat on Arm/disarm.

The way to affect change based on arming status is to set up a rule for Smart Away.

We cannot say whether or not you have access if you are not our customer, but if you had access it would be found under Automation - Rules - Add a Rule - Thermostat Rules. (Or just found on the Schedules tab after clicking on the thermostat card on the home page)

Smart Away is an on/off feature and you can select to either trigger it when the system is armed away, and/or when Phones with Geo-services enabled leave your selected Fence.

If you have smart away selected but it is not functioning, be sure that you are arming away, not stay. Note that many panels by default have an Auto-Stay feature which if you arm away from the panel but do not open any entry/exit points during the countdown, the panel will revert to Stay for safety.

Finally you would want to just disable and re-enable Smart Away. Wait 5 minutes between disabling and re-enabling.