Support Forum

IQ Remote not connecting

Support IQ Remote not connecting

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Albert
    Participant

My IQ Remote no longer connects to my IQ Panel. It just says “Trying to connect IQ Panel.”

I have rebooted both the IQ Panel and the remote panel. I’ve run network tests from the IQ Panel. They both report being connected to the same SSID. I can also see that they’re connected to my access points via the network management console. I’ve also tried to rediscover, but they won’t connect.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

How long has this been occurring? Have you tried a Master Reset on the Remote, then removing and re-pairing it with the IQ Panel 2? Master Reset on the remote is found under the settings menu.

Albert
    Participant

Just a couple of days. I just tried doing a master reset on the remote, removed it from the IQ Panel and then tried to do a new pairing by pressing pair on both panels, but I can’t get it to pair.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Just to verify, what is the firmware version on the IQ Remote?

Do you use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 ghz networks? Did you make any network device changes recently?

Albert
    Participant

Firmware version on IQ remote is 2.3.3. The SSID for both 2.4 and 5Ghz are the same. Both have grabbed IP addresses in the same subnet. I can’t recall any network device or configuration changes.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Can you try setting a unique SSID for the 5ghz network and connect the panel and IQ Remote to the 2.4 network as a test? Any luck pairing? Typically there is a router component to these issues, and I am curious if the Remote and IQ Panel are not playing nicely with the two networks.

If it works, try setting the 5ghz network back to the same SSID and make sure the Remote and IQ Panel still work normally.

Albert
    Participant

I connected both to a separate 2.4ghz network and they paired up just fine. It’s weird because it’s never been an issue with anything else on the network before. I haven’t moved them back to the SSID with both 2.4 and 5ghz networks. If it’s useful for you, I can try to do that.

Strangely, my other problem with the remote has come back (https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/arming-from-iq-remote-secondary-panel-reports-arming-by-user/) and it now reports the erroneous “Armed Stay by Molly Maid” notification. Not sure if we want to continue debugging this in the other thread or not.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Strangely, my other problem with the remote has come back

I’m not able to recreate this, but if a firmware update seemed to resolve it last time, can you try just rebooting both the IQ Panel 2 and the Remote?

On the panel, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Panel Reboot.

On the Remote, hold the side button for a couple seconds and choose Reboot from the screen prompt. Wait until the Main panel has rebooted fully before triggering this.

Albert
    Participant

Rebooting both panels seems to have fixed the problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.