Support Forum

IQ Panel 2: turn off countdown beeps?

Support IQ Panel 2: turn off countdown beeps?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Soundchasr
    Participant

Just got an update. Now, when disarming there are beeps when counting down. This bothers my dogs. Can’t find the setting to turn it off. Any help appreciated!

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I am double checking with Qolsys on this to see if it can be turned off, it looks like the Volume settings for beeps and chimes does not affect the countdown beeps in any way.

I will follow up here when we hear back!

Soundchasr
    Participant

Thank you. Never heard beeps before this latest update.

Albert
    Participant

Is there any way to reduce the volume of the beeps on the IQ Remote? It seems like the beeps on both the IQ Panel 2+ and the Remote are quite loud and I can’t find a way to reduce the volume. (They’re also substantially louder than they were on the original IQ Panels that I used to have.)

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yes, you can adjust the overall volume using the volume slider when you swipe down to reach settings on the IQ Remote. This will affect the beeps and voice annunciation.

Albert
    Participant

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t seem to adjust the volume of the countdown beeps on the Remote, but the volume of the voice announcements change. I have the same issue with the IQ Panel 2+.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

As far as I can tell, it doesn’t seem to adjust the volume of the countdown beeps on the Remote, but the volume of the voice announcements change. I have the same issue with the IQ Panel 2+.

Make sure you are adjusting the volume on the IQ Remote itself. It does indeed affect disarm countdown beeps. The beeps do not go away, but the volume can be lowered.

What firmware version are you running on your panels?

Soundchasr
    Participant

No word on the countdown beeps when disarming?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

No word on the countdown beeps when disarming?

There is no way to turn them off. Qolsys is considering the feedback for potential future firmware changes currently.

Soundchasr
    Participant

Oh I’m going to send them some feedback!
    Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“I was able to setup my whole home security system in an afternoon. It’s worked great ever since… I installed my system over a year ago, and Surety has stood the test of time. I would highly recommend them to friends and family.”

Dallas L. , Austin, TX , Yelp , 12/03/2014
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.