IQ Panel 2 Plus Z-Wave S2 Security

HI,

Per the article listed here: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3263

It shows the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ as being Z-wave Plus S2 certified. My question is I have the latest firmware 2.3.4 but I don’t see anywhere in the menus to configure s2 security? Does the device that supports z-wave s2 automatically enables this? Does the IQ Panel 2+ require any manual settings to enable s2 security? Can any experts here help with this? Thank you again!

The z-wave site shows the following:

IQ Panel 2+
Brand Name: Qolsys Inc.
Product Identifier: QS9201-1208-840
Product Version: HW: 4 FW: 6.04:02.81:01.00:01.00
Z-Wave Certification Number: ZC10-19076682
Z-Wave Certification Date: 7/25/2019

Z-Wave Plus Version: 1
Security S2 Classes: S2 Access Control, S2 Authenticated, S2 Unauthenticated
SmartStart Compatible: Yes

It shows the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ as being Z-wave Plus S2 certified. My question is I have the latest firmware 2.3.4 but I don’t see anywhere in the menus to configure s2 security? Does the device that supports z-wave s2 automatically enables this? Does the IQ Panel 2+ require any manual settings to enable s2 security?

There is no configuration for the protocols used by Z-wave devices on the network. From what I have been told, if the devices support S2, it is automatically used. Similarly if a device does not support Z-wave Plus, the panel will use legacy Z-wave protocol to communicate with it.

These details are set in the pairing exchange.

Jason, my qolsys just started showing partion 1 is armed when I set the alarm. It used to just say panel is armed. I have not enabled partioning? How can I get it to go back to saying panel instead of partion?

Partitioning was introduced in FW 2.3.0. I dont recall if this automatically enabled partitioning though.

You can enabled/disable partitioning from the Installer Settings menu (Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Installation -> Installer Settings -> Partitions.

It looks like you are at the current version of 2.3.4. Did you just upgrade to this FW version? Is that when you noticed partitioning was enabled?