Image Sensor ADS-IS-221-LP pairing issues

Hello Everyone,

I switched from Qolsys Panel 1 to Panel 2.
I am facing an issue with one Image Sensor (ADS-IS-221-LP). It wont enter the pairing mode. The image sensor was working fine and the batteries are good. I tried to reset it using the reset button located on the front but nothing (no led blinking or anything). Once I remove the batteries and re install them, the front led blinks red 3 times and nothing else happens. Even when i insert a paper clip in the reset (following the instructions) the led does not blink or enter the pairing mode.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Just to verify: The IQ Panel 2 does not come with an Image Sensor card by default. Did you add an Image Sensor daughtercard to ad compatibility? (I’m guessing so based on wording, just want to be sure)

As for the Image Sensor itself, when you say reset, did you perform a full factory reset or just a reboot? The difference is in how long you hold the reset button down. A full 10 seconds is required for a reset, 3 seconds to reboot. Can you confirm which you were doing?

If you do not see any LED pattern when interacting with the reset that sounds more like a hardware or power issue. Have you tried other batteries in the sensor? Have you tried those batteries in other Image Sensors? Are they alkaline or Lithium batteries? You should only use lithium AA batteries.

Thank you for your reply and support.

I have the Image sensor card. I have 2 image sensors. Only one is failing to pair. The other one is works fine.
I tried both the 3 second reboot method and the 10 second reset method. Once I insert the batteries the sensor’s led blinks 3 times (red) and whatever i do (3 or 10 second method) the led does nothing. As you said, I see no led pattern except the 3 blinks once I insert the batteries.

I am using the Ultimate Lithium batteries. I removed the batteries from the “working” image sensor and insert them in the “faulty” sensor but still nothing.

Possibly it is a hardware issue. The strange part is that the sensor was working just fine before switching panels. I understand that the fact that I switched panel shouldn’t affect the sensor’s circuit but i guess it is just a coincidence. Also the fact that it blinks 3 times when I insert the batteries indicates that the sensor is not 100% dead. It is probably failing to enter the pairing mode.

Possibly it is a hardware issue. The strange part is that the sensor was working just fine before switching panels. I understand that the fact that I switched panel shouldn’t affect the sensor’s circuit but i guess it is just a coincidence. Also the fact that it blinks 3 times when I insert the batteries indicates that the sensor is not 100% dead. It is probably failing to enter the pairing mode.

I would expect this would mean the sensor is failing to fully boot up. Can you try removing the batteries and leaving the sensor powered down for a few minutes? After waiting a few minutes then re-install the batteries. Any change?

Thank you. I did that. Actually I left it without batteries overnight.

Unfortunately if it does not respond to the factory default procedure and does not fully boot up, it is likely a device hardware failure. Be sure to check the warranty with the original vendor, but if past warranty, look to the Image 3 model. There are some spec upgrades on the new model.