How to program an SMKT3-345

The SMKT3-345 is a multifunction smoke detector, heat detector, freeze detector from 2GIG

Thank you Jason! I was doing everything else right expect learning the serial number by pulling the tampering plate off… I was instead, pushing the test button, which does send a number to the control panel and allow me to added the device. It also resulted in false alarms and the system freaking out! I wanted to provide my issue/fault in case someone else should make the same mistake.

Ah, yes, rule of thumb when learning in most wireless devices would be to send a tamper signal, typically this means opening the cover.

rule of thumb when learning in most wireless devices would be to send a tamper signal

If I remember correctly, the SMKT2 are programmed for serial (learned) by holding in the test button (until it beeps)

The only device if I also remember correctly, that I learned in serial [by tampering] when programming was the PIRs. All the rest were learned by pulling away magnet (DW10, DW20R).

(I don’t use CO3, GB1, or SMKT3 though at this time)

True, perhaps “most” should be “many” since door window contacts are more common. Point is, follow manufacturer instruction if they detail steps, but if it has a tamper switch, it can usually be learned in easily that way. Just make sure to assign the proper loop numbers in the case of 2GIG.

Some off the top of my head typically easier to tamper:

2GIG GB1
2GIG PIR1
2GIG SMKT3-345
2GIG CO3-345
RE219 (119)
RE201 (101)
RE206 (106)
Firefighter.
RE112
RE113