How to muliple Energy Monitors Appear in the GC2 Panel and on ADC?

Hi All,

My home has two 220 services and therefore two “main” breaker boxes. I am still investigating, but I believe I will need two “Aeon Labs AEDSB09104ZWUS Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Monitors” meters and I am wondering if anyone can share some screenshots as to how two monitors appear in a GC2 Panel and ADC?

I am hoping that readings from the two monitors are aggregated within the GC2 Panel and ADC.

Regards.

On the website, I believe you’ll be seeing two that you would switch between for graphs, etc.

Individual meters on each of the circuits for those boxes would be assigned as a downstream meter to the corresponding main meter.

I don’t think you would have aggregated readings except maybe the overview on the dashboard tab. This thread discusses energy monitoring.

Jason,

Do you have any idea how two meters will look on the GC2 Panel.

I reviewed the thread discussing energy monitoring and there is no image showing what two meters look like in the ADC interface nor what the look like in the GC2 panel?

I am concerned that it will be responsible for combining the data from both meters.

Regards.

Based on discussion with ADC there is no aggregation I am aware of. The two meters would show their total usage individually. You would just add the two for the location usage.

I’ve made a suggestion for location aggregation options.

Jason,

Thank you.

Of the energy monitors that ADC supports (which seem to be only the Aeotec Monitors), which ones are supported by the GC2 panel?

I have looked at the G1 Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Monitor Meter (Model #lDSB09104ZWUS) that SuretyDIY sells and the 2E Aeotec Home Energy Meter (Model #: DSB28-ZWUS). I have read where only the G1 is supported by the GC2 panel, but ADC supported both the energy monitors I mentioned.

Regards,

Of the energy monitors that ADC supports (which seem to be only the Aeotec Monitors), which ones are supported by the GC2 panel?

The GC2 only supports the G1 version. The 1.17 release notes are not up yet, but if I recall correctly that firmware did not add any additional meter support.

Jason,

Thank you (again).

Does the GC3 panel happen to support more energy monitors? I don’t know much about the GC3 panel as I am a GC2 owner.

Regards.

Checking into the latest firmware with the GC3, but I do not believe so. We’ll verify with 2GIG.

Jason,

I wanted to give some follow-up to this question of mine from awhile back. The ADC energy monitoring supports multiple energy monitors. I had to designate a primary and a secondary monitors and ADC combines the readings from both for inclusion in the provided energy reporting. You can monitor both meters separately and see the breakout of each in ADC. However, while the 2GIG GC2 panel will send data from each energy monitor you have to ADC to aggregation the panel itself only appears to allow you to view the real time readings from one monitor.

All in all ADC provides the monitoring I need and the energy monitors supported by the GC2 are accurate for my needs.

Dustin