How to get suggestions to Qolsys

I do not see an email address for Qolsys on their website. New customer and love the expierience, but one thing that is annoying is that you have to look at the sensor list when arming to see if there are any open sensors. My old wired system would squawk at you before it would arm to tell you there are open sensors and forced you to select bypass if you wanted to continue. I think Qolsys should at least pop up a prompt to say some sensors are opn do you want to bypass them now?

They rely on dealers (like us) to interact with end users. We’re happy to pass along your feedback.

There are some options but the ultimate result is similar.

Qolsys offers an auto bypass feature which will just bypass all open zones when arming. If you disable this in Settings > Installation > Security and Arming it will no longer auto bypass the zones. It will however allow you to arm and immediately go into an alarm state. With the dialer delay, this gives you a chance to just disarm quick without receiving a call and you’ll know that zones are open.

Also, keep in mind that the top status bar on your panel home screen will change color when sensors are open. If one is open, pressing the Status button will show you all sensors.

I think the assumption regarding auto-bypass may have been that if you leave a sensor open, you’ve done so on purpose and want it bypassed and don’t want to be second-guessed by the panel, rather than “I don’t care the patio door is wide open, just bypass it, I have places to be!” I think the auto-bypass makes sense, but I would also expect a prompt either way regarding the open sensors so that they aren’t bypassed unintentionally.

I will give them your feedback.

As long as we’re in suggestion box mode… :slight_smile:

One thing I’d love to see is the ability to increase the disarm warning beeps or choose a different, louder sound. My panel is just far enough away from back door that the beep is inaudible. Haven’t forgotten yet, but figure it’s bound to happen sooner or later.

Just disarm your system with the alarm.com app or buy the new Qolsys keypad tablet

Have they release the new secondary touchscreen??? If so, where can I buy it?

I’m not aware of a location to purchase those yet. They have been on order for a few weeks now, but we do not have an expected date.

Isnt the “new” panel merely a 7" tablet with the QOLSYS app?

All you really have to do is get an inexpensive 7" android tablet, download the QOLSYS app, and then PIN it to the screen (PIn feature requires android 5 aka Lollipop) and then mount it ($30).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/exelium-universal-wall-mount-for-most-7-12-tablets-white/1669216.p?id=1219059641182&skuId=1669216

So you are saying the secondary touchscreen is a cheap android tablet with the ADC app running?

So you are saying the secondary touchscreen is a cheap android tablet with the ADC app running

Feast your eyes on the IQ2 keypad…

This is disappointing. Can anyone confirm this?

I am just messing with you, the image is the “IQ” keypad (and what SuretyCAM is waiting on). The IQ2, on the other hand, according to Qolsys, looks just like the main panel.

We actually do have a secondary keypad called the IQ2. It is still in beta and not released to the public at this point, but looks identical to the primary panel (it only includes a wi-fi radio rather than all 6 wireless radios) but almost any primary panel could be converted to be a secondary panel too. (again, this is in beta and not released to the public yet)
http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/qolsys-vs-2gig-system/#post-3340

The current IQ Secondary Keypad is in fact the above, last I knew. (I have not held one yet, but it is a stop-gap solution to be sure)

It does not simply run the ADC app. It runs a Qolsys software to communicate between itself and the panel.

There is a ground-up secondary keypad in the works, referenced above. I was given a timeline of possibly Q4. The tablet version was put together surely to quickly address the market need. I am not aware of them scrapping the tablet solution so I presume it is still coming out.

Jason, do you know when either will be available?

I do not. The tablet was intended to be available roughly now, and as stated, has been on order for a few weeks but I don’t know when we will get hold of them.

The previous post was edited to add the assumed availability of the ground-up keypad.

Auto bypass is not desirable, as what if I did not know I left a sensor open. My old wired system squawked and made it in your face that something was not set and if you wanted to arm anyway you need to hit bypass. Would be nice for such a sophisticated panel to offer similar option.

I am REALLY starting to miss my GE Simon XTi… While it wasn’t a large 7" touchscreen, it DID have a touchscreen. And it had secondary touchpads, LOUD tones/beeps, NO autobypass, and it worked will 99% of Z-wave devices on the market.

Would be nice for such a sophisticated panel...

You do realize that the QOLSYS system is basically just Android (and an obsolete version of it to boot…2.2 Froyo I think). Not only was this a very limited/featureless version of android, but it was also buggy as hell. Android security aspects were near non-existant in Froyo, and today most viruses and malware are targeted at Android.

QOLSYS is just a glorified 7" Android tablet app, running on an old obsolete bug riddled version of the OS (forked), and I give it a few years before the known android 2.2 Security vulnerabilities are exploited, or android malware corrupts it, or hackers compromise it.

Android versions:

Security vulnerabilities in android 2.2:
http://www.dailytech.com/88+Serious+Security+Bugs+Identified+in+Android+22+Froyo/article20060.htm

For more info, see:

The IQ2 is shipping now, it is a 7 inch tablet. It includes a 6 ft power supply and a Desktop mount , they are white keypads. It also includes a velcro 2 way, to stick onto a wall. There is a 2nd keypad being developed similar to the TS1-E that will be released in Q4 that is more like a traditional secondary keypad. Its very basic, arm/disarm, chime, history… you cant bypass sensor- which i dont like

You do realize that the QOLSYS system is basically just Android (and an obsolete version of it to boot...2.2 Froyo I think). Not only was this a very limited/featureless version of android, but it was also buggy as hell. Android security aspects were near non-existant in Froyo, and today most viruses and malware are targeted at Android.

Qolsys’ IQ panel is, of course, much more than just Android. It’s a suite of software apps built on and into Android. It just utilizes Android as a powerful framework on which to build. If Android 2.2 is limited/featureless then what do you call the OS that 2GIG’s panel runs on? I would hope that Qolsys stays on top of Android security patches with their software updates. 2GIG and Qolsys are both good panels.