How does SVR Work?

I have an additional question(s) about how the SVR works. I’ll do it in a list style for ease, I hope.

• The SVR is on the network and cameras are on the network, right? (IE The cameras are directly connected to the SVR)
  • The SVR is constantly recording and storing locally, when does it ever get to the cloud like if I didn’t have an SVR? For instance, if at night, I have a camera setup looking at my car, if movement is detected in certain zones, that clip is uploaded (and therefore saved for a long time, in case I need it for something).

Happy to assist!

The SVR requires a hardwired Ethernet/Cat5 connection it does not connect to Wi-Fi. Cameras are associated with the SVR via Alarm.com

You would view cameras in the ADC App or website, use Cloud video recording schedules to trigger clip of events such as Alarms, Video Motion Detection, and sensor activity.

The SVR would record 24/7 video as a supplement. Events triggered with Cloud Video recording schedules are marked on your SVR timeline for easy reference. IF the SVR fills up, older files are overwritten to make way for newer files.

The SVR timeline is accessible in the app and website. Video can be downloaded as needed to save.
Camera feeds communicate with the SVR on your LAN. The SVR feed is sent through ADC.