How do I create a Rule with 2 paramenters for activation

I want a motion sensor to trigger a light to come on, but only if the panel is armed.

So basically, I do not want the light to come on if the panel is not armed. How would I set this in the rules?

Which panel do you have? Sorry, i have to ask since I’m not an official surety representative. They can actually see that info through your account details. And I cant.

GC2 - BTW I appreciate your input on this and the other topic

No problem. I use the GC2 panel as well. I’m not sure if you can insert the when armed/disarm condition in conjunction with having a sensor trigger a light. I know you could probably set the light to trigger when the panel disarms and arms, but I dont think you can use the arm state as a condition in a trigger rule between two other devices. You MAY want to wait until Monday when an official surety rep can answer this. You may be able to, but my gut feeling wants to say you cant due to the panels software limitations. Itll be worth asking them though. If they do not notice this and you dont get a response by mid day Monday, resubmit this post and see if they can advise you any better than I can. I still LOVE my GC2 panel though!

Thank you. What I want to happen is for the outside motion detector to trigger a extremely bright LED strobe light. This thing is blinding and would be inside the door but you could see it as the door has glass on it. https://www.amazon.com/Roxant-Pulse-ULTRA-Bright-Strobe/dp/B01LVXCDKX/ref=pd_cp_267_1?pd_rd_w=OBT3Y&pf_rd_p=ef4dc990-a9ca-4945-ae0b-f8d549198ed6&pf_rd_r=HH64WJHJHTN1RA18DDNG&pd_rd_r=d530604d-6923-11e9-851c-1df216413549&pd_rd_wg=gw7Ms&pd_rd_i=B01LVXCDKX&psc=1&refRID=HH64WJHJHTN1RA18DDNG

I don’t want the exterior motion to trigger a siren as exterior motions are more prone to false alarms than interior. I also don’t want it to trigger when we are in that laundry room or taking the dog out to go tot he bathroom. I only want it to trigger when the alarm is armed (we are sleeping or away)

So I would have a z wave outlet switch and the strobe turned on plugged into the switch.

If someone was out they they would see the interior strobe light going off inside and blinding. If it falsed when we were home, it would not really affect us as we simply would not see the light,

I would think an extremely bright flashing light would scare away a potential intruder.

The other poster is correct, there is no way to do this from a software standpoint. The alarm arming status cannot currently be used as a variable, I believe because the panel does not share Alarm security info via Z-wave. It would necessitate a back and forth between ADC and the panel rather than one command and would be more prone to error/delay.

There may be a way you can achieve the desired result however if you are using a wired outdoor motion. Consider using an additional appliance module to plug the motion detector power supply into. That appliance module could be controlled via arming and disarming, to turn on when armed and turn off when disarmed, thus cutting power to the wired outdoor motion detector when the system is disarmed. You could then just monitor it at all times for the automation rule and turn off supervision for the sensor.

Hi. Reviving this thread 3 years later :grinning:

I have the exact same question, now in June 2022. If I am running the Qolsys IQ Panel 4, what are the best/recommended outdoor lights that can be set to turn on when motion is detected but ONLY while the system is armed. In other words, even if it’s pitch black outside at 2am and I have a raging party happening, the outdoor lights won’t turn on because the Qolsys alarm isn’t in an armed state.

Thanks for any (updated/2022) guidance.

Same answer as above, unfortunately it is not an option as a variable in rules at this time. It is an open enhancement request with ADC.

Thank you for the super fast reply! What are the compatible accessories that can be controlled by arming for controlling power on/off of a hardwired appliance (not a 3 prong socket)?

this?
[Fibaro Single Switch 2, Z-Wave Plus Relay Switch - FGS-213 ZW5 US — ZWaveProducts]

The Alarm.com supported hardware page is found here. Reference that page for confirmed compatibility.