Help purchasing Hardware with Qolsys

I need help purchasing the correct hardware.

I used to have Frontpoint security which used the qolsys iq panel, which I really liked.

I just moved into a new home. The new home is 20 years old and has a hardwired security system already installed. I would like to replace that system with something like the qolsys iq panel 2 to take advantage of it’s features.

The hardwire 16-s seems like a good option to integrate these items. The only issue I cannot use my 4-wire hardwired smoke detectors.

I would like to stick with hardwired smoke detectors. In the past we experience wireless sensors occasionally going offline intermittently. I don’t want to experience that with a smoke dectector!

Can you please help me figure out the best system?

Current system:
Napco Gemini keypads and control panel Gem-p3200
4 wire smoke detectors.

Thank you!

The hardwire 16-s seems like a good option to integrate these items. The only issue I cannot use my 4-wire hardwired smoke detectors.

I would like to stick with hardwired smoke detectors. In the past we experience wireless sensors occasionally going offline intermittently. I don’t want to experience that with a smoke dectector!

“Offline” status refers to Loss of Sensor Supervision, which is a condition influenced by a number of factors, including distance from panel, battery levels, environmental interference and attenuation, etc. It is a standard alert and does not indicate problems with the device itself typically.

You would not be able to use the hardwired smoke detectors directly with the IQ Panel 2. You could use a GE Firefighter possibly if the hardwire smokes have built in sounders (some only rely on the central alarm sirens) and if they use standard smoke alarm cadence.

The firefighter, SLXADT3, would only work if all of the detectors sound an alarm when one goes off. This is not always the case with low voltage detectors. If they do not function that way, it would be better to replace.

If on the other hand these are house line voltage detectors which are interconnected, you could definitely use the firefighter.

If you like the Qolsys panel, the IQ Panel 2 is a refinement of the previous model.