Hardwire Translator Malfunction....again

Hi,

It’s been a while since I posted this, but I had previously given up on trying to resolve it, and now decided to come back to it again. It seems that I am unable to get the “?” and Hardwire Translator Malfunction error to go away. I have followed previous troubleshooting tips on resolving this (remove and then re-add the translator by triggering the tamper and then leaving a piece of wire in the terminals), but after the 24 window expires, it returns. It’s obviously not critical since it isn’t a monitored device, but it is annoying to have the error there all the time.

I also will often get a “Hardwire Translator Battery Low” error… The battery is brand new… when I test the battery while getting the error, it comes back fully charged…

Any suggestions on resolving these?

Thanks!

Any suggestions on resolving these?

Well, since this has been an ongoing issue for you I will suggest based on ease:

1. The easiest would be to simply remove the Translator Zone. It is not needed in programming for the rest of the zones to work normally, so that is an option.

2. To take advantage of the hardwire unit supervision and keep in learned in itself, this may have more to do with the panel itself and order of operations. Have you tried performing a panel reboot? You can do so at the Panel or in your System Manager remotely in your Surety dashboard.

The battery is brand new… when I test the battery while getting the error, it comes back fully charged…

What voltage are you getting at the battery?

I’ve definitely rebooted the system a few times since having the issue, but I can try again and see if it pops back up after the 24 hours elapses since removing and re-adding.

As for the voltage at the battery, I get a consistent 13.9 with my multi-meter. I should add that this comes and goes… it will say battery low for a few days and then it goes away for a while.

I am not having luck finding instances of this being reported in your Alarm.com history. Can you point to the last time you got the low battery alert?

Let me see if I can look back… It’s probably been a few weeks. It’s not currently displaying.