Getting Started with some Existing Equipment

Bought a home with Vivint system. It has a skycontrol panel, window and door sensors, glass break sensors, digital deadbolt lock, and a Vivint video doorbell. I know I will need a new panel. I also want to add several outdoor cameras. Can you get me a quote for exactly what I would need to start self-monitoring this system with cameras? Then, how do I set up the service?

The cost to get started would depend on the panel you choose to use. Most sensors can be reused with either the Go!Control or GC3 alarm panel.

Note that the existing Doorbell Camera would not be compatible.

All monthly service pricing is flat dependent on the service plan and add-ons you choose. You can view the pricing and included features of our service plans here.

All products and service plans are purchased on our website. Service can be found here.

Cameras would need to be Alarm.com compatible models. Compatible camera models are shown here. You can find some models on suretyDIY, but equipment can be purchased from any vendor and used with your account, so long as the camera is not locked to another account. We typically recommend avoiding used cameras for that reason.

When you place your order, you will be directed to complete an information survey which collects the necessary information for account creation and our team will send a Welcome to suretyDIY email which contains the pertinent setup information for the system you’ve chosen, as well as initial Alarm.com login credentials.

When I input my address, looks like I need to use Verizon. ATT has poor service here. I also saw recently that Verizon is not going to be supported anymore if I understand that correctly and that I would need an unregistered, non CDMA, alarm.com compatible module. So when I order the panel online (probably getting the GC3) which option should I select?

That’s correct, the CDMA modules are being phased out for new account creation. You would want to select the Verizon LTE module if AT&T is not fully covered in your area.

You can select the LTE module as an option when purchasing the panel.