GD00Z-4 garage door control - trigger using 2GIG-KEY2-345 key fob?

Hello,

I’d like to purchase a GD00Z-4 garage door control and use the * key on my 2GIG-KEY2-345 key fob to trigger it (i.e. open and close the door). Is this possible? It would be a lot easier than going through the alarm.com app on my phone. I don’t recall seeing any option in the key fob programming to trigger zWave devices (just the panel’s open-collector output), unless I’m missing something? The 2GIG-GDR1-345 device would be perfect for my use case, but unfortunately it’s discontinued.

Thanks,
cinergi

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to automate a Linear Z-wave garage door with the Key2-345. The rule using the open collector takes advantage of sensor activity triggers for lighting rules, but you cannot automate a Garage door based on sensor activity.

You would need to find a 2GIG-GDR1-345 in order to use the Keyfob for control.

Thanks. Unfortunately the 2GIG-GDR1-345 is hard to find these days. Some stores list it online as apparently available, but when I e-mail to confirm inventory it is actually not available.

I also searched for the Honeywell 5877 relay which I think should be compatible with the KEY2-345, but it is quite expensive - almost as much as my entire garage door opener!

I’m considering taking apart one of my Craftsman garage door remote controls (which I don’t use since my vehicles have Homelink), and wiring the door button to a dry contact relay whose coil is connected to the 2GIG panel’s open-collector output. Not as elegant as the 2GIG-GDR1, but should work…

-cinergi

I’m considering taking apart one of my Craftsman garage door remote controls (which I don’t use since my vehicles have Homelink), and wiring the door button to a dry contact relay whose coil is connected to the 2GIG panel’s open-collector output. Not as elegant as the 2GIG-GDR1, but should work…

True, if you have a dry contact input which can control the door, the panel can in fact be set to activate that relay in either toggle or momentary mode. Essentially using the same open collector programming but wired to an outside device.

I’ve had my garage setup with 2GIG-GDR1-345 with the Key2-345 openning it. How do I remove a fob that I lost? Would need some guidance on removing it with the GC2 as well. Thank you!

Please disregard my question, I found the manual online with the instructions. Thanks anyway.

Glad you found the answer! For other users as well I am attaching the relevant section of the manual for removing transmitters from the GDR1-345.

To remove from the panel, navigate to the Keyfob section in system configuration and follow the steps in this video.

Capture-50.png