GC3 vs IQ 2+

Is there a comparison or FAQ document somewhere that lists the benefits of the new IQ2+ panel vs the GC3?

I used to have a GC2-based system with Surety, moved to a new home, and have now installed a large GC3-based system in my new place (not yet activated).

Curious as to the specific benefits/differences, and if it’s worth upgrading before I activate, knowing that I cannot return the GC3 at this point. Nice that the sensors can all be compatible, but the panel itself plus two remote panels are pricey!

Also interesting that the Surety store doesn’t seem to offer 2GIG panels for sale anymore?

Also interesting that the Surety store doesn’t seem to offer 2GIG panels for sale anymore?

Correct, we only sell the IQ Panel 2+ as our chosen panel for new systems at this time. It offers unique features and Qolsys has aggressively packed it with improvements to usability and security over most other systems.

Is there a comparison or FAQ document somewhere that lists the benefits of the new IQ2+ panel vs the GC3? Curious as to the specific benefits/differences, and if it’s worth upgrading before I activate, knowing that I cannot return the GC3 at this point. Nice that the sensors can all be compatible, but the panel itself plus two remote panels are pricey!

I don’t believe there is a FAQ on that at this time, but I will suggest to our team to post one for users looking to decide between the systems! I can certainly help though! There are a couple key benefits to the IQ Panel 2+:

Encrypted sensors are the number one reason, and the standard IQ Panel 2+ 319 version has two different lines of encrypted sensors to choose from: S-Line and Power G. If you already have a ton of unencrypted sensors to reuse, this is less of a benefit in your case.

Additionally Power G eliminates the need for repeaters for distant sensors with 4+ times the range of other standard security RF wireless sensors. The 345 version of the panel also supports Power G so you can use Power G for distant or troublesome locations.

The IQ Panel 2+ enjoys unique features that other panels do not use currently, such as Alarm.com video and Doorbell answering on the panel screen, and advanced local Z-wave diagnostics. The panel is designed to accommodate additional future integrations and development that sets it apart from other systems.

We’re excited to see other systems catch up and offer the same experience, too! Both the IQ Panel 2+ and GC3 have access to partitioning now, which was an important missing feature for some users (mainly commercial use). There are new versions of the GC3 and GC2 that support new encrypted 2GIG sensors as well, but this would similarly require replacing all the hardware.

Great, thanks Jason. As you mentioned, since I already have a ton of regular non-encrypted sensors, might just make sense to stick with the relatively new GC3 system for the meantime. Appreciate the quick responsiveness as always!