GC3 complaints /issues

It appears to me 2 Gig / Nortek pushed the GC3 out way too early, why would you release a half functioning panel that currently has no ip/wifi or 2 way voice ? Buyer Beware 2 way voice can guarantee a faster dispatch !!! Their GC2 has it ,what’s better about the GC3? Bigger touchscreen that’s all The GC2 is currently far more superior as it supports the above mentioned , I simply don’t see how the GC3 at this point in time as in any way better or premium, when do they plan to fix the above issues? next year lol lol ps the speaker cuts in and out just like the GC2 does at times , u would think they get their act together and have fixed that issue a long time ago , also no built in camera like the Vivint Sky panel has , 2 Gig has not impressed :frowning: all the hype for nothing !!!

New products will commonly enable additional features shortly following launch (not just security panels).

Two way voice is a feature of the panel, though it is not officially working through ADC as of yet. Likewise the hardware for Wifi is in the panel. The wifi UI likely needs touching up and was disabled until stable.

ps the speaker cuts in and out just like the GC2 does at times

Any pattern? When have you noticed the sound cutting out? I don’t recall noticing that yet on units here, so I would like to test.

Buyer Beware 2 way voice can guarantee a faster dispatch

I definitely like two way voice, but in reality this is sometimes not the case. The vast majority of jurisdictions will require two contact attempts made prior to dispatch (unless verified by individual on first contact attempt, or a panic signal, etc.) and two way voice delays further cell phone contacts.

Smartphone ubiquity means most people no longer need to run to a landline phone to catch the central station call either, so with only one two way voice station (I really wish they had wireless stations that could be placed around the home, something I’ll be pushing with GC3) the smartphone is typically just as good or better option as far as speed of resolution goes, be that verifying a false alarm or confirming a possible break in.

also no built in camera

I do wonder if the top mounted USB port may have plans of this nature in store.

appears to me 2 Gig / Nortek pushed the GC3 out way too early, why would you release a half functioning panel that currently has no ip/wifi or 2 way voice ? Buyer Beware 2 way voice can guarantee a faster dispatch !!! Their GC2 has it ,what’s better about the GC3? Bigger touchscreen that’s all The GC2 is currently far more superior as it supports the above mentioned , I simply don’t see how the GC3 at this point in time as in any way better or premium, when do they plan to fix the above issues? next year lol lol ps the speaker cuts in and out just like the GC2 does at times , u would think they get their act together and have fixed that issue a long time ago , also no built in camera like the Vivint Sky panel has , 2 Gig has not impressed :( all the hype for nothing

This is typical for new product releases, (as a result of competitive pressure, and the myopic focus on quarterly profits). and the price paid for being an early adopter (you are basically a gamma tester).

If you want to avoid all this, then you should wait a year or so after the initial product release.

Jason I noticed speaker cut out after exiting out of programming maybe just a fluke I will let u know if I encounter it again !

Jason I noticed speaker cut out after exiting out of programming maybe just a fluke I will let u know if I encounter it again !

If at all, I would expect audio artifacts and stutter to occur then, specifically. The GC3 does not fully power cycle like the GC2, but it does stop and restart the running processes in the panel.

Has there been any updates or revisions to these issues? This seems to be an old post with no resolution. I’d like to know how it was resolved so a decision can be made on an upgrade.