GC2 With Smart Things

My current contract with protection one isnt up until October of 2018 (lesson learned there) and i currently have a GC2 panel with about 50 lights, fans, thermostats, and door locks. I also have 5 alexa devices throughout the home and have a smart things hub as well. I hooked a few lights up to the ST hub instead of GC2 and must say i really like having them hooked up to that. It is way faster in the app (no 30-60 second delay) and when using alexa i just say “Alexa turn off office lights” rather than - Alexa ask alarm.com to turn off the office lights.

I’ve seen some posts about using a GC3 and learning in the smart things hub as a secondary controller. However i’ve not found much on the GC2 and if this is possible. Anyone know any different?

Assuming it is not possible i have two options: Ditch the Alarm.com completely or pickup a GC3 (not through protection 1) and use the smart things hub as a secondary controller. Those of you that use the GC3 with smart things how does it perform? Any drawbacks?

I’ve seen some posts about using a GC3 and learning in the smart things hub as a secondary controller. However i’ve not found much on the GC2 and if this is possible. Anyone know any different?

Yes, other users have reported using ST with a GC2 successfully. See this thread for details.

I cant say for the GC2, but I have had no issues using ST w/ the GC3. I set the ST as a primary controller, and the GC3 as the secondary, and all z-wave devices have been shared amongst both devices. Obviously the Zigbee devices will only be compatible w/ smartthings, but I also like the way the smartthings works with alexa in comparison to alarm.com products. The only issue I noticed is that when I learn my smart home devices in my Amazon Alexa app, it shows them all twice (learns each device from smart things, and from alarm.com). I realize I can just remove some of the duplicates, but still becomes kind of a pain sometimes - as a few devices don’t respond to alexa commands correctly (T2000 thermostat) unless it learns the device from alarm.com smart home skill vs smartthings skill.