Support Forum

GC2 Low Battery

Support GC2 Low Battery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pilotguy
    Participant

When I first installed my surety system, it took quite a while and the unit was unplugged and plugged back in multiple times. Since that time I started getting low battery alerts. The panel was about 6 months old by that time. I decided I would get a new battery. I plugged the battery in and still had the low battery alert. I read that it could take up to 24 hours to charge. I did that on Friday and it’s now Wednesday of the following week and I still have the low battery alerts. Help please… Everything is plugged in. 2GIG GC2 panel.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

A lot of times this may occur when the battery is swapped but the panel is not rebooted. To swap the battery you should power off the panel by unplugging the transformer, then unplug the battery, plug in the new one, then plug the transformer back in to power up.

Can you try rebooting the panel now and give it a few hours to verify? You can send a remote reboot command to your panel via your Surety System Manager.

Roger
    Participant

Having just changed one of these myself, I would suspect the connector on the GC2 board. When I changed the battery I did use a little contact cleaner on both sides of the connector. Of course you have to make sure it is inserted correctly. Run unit on battery initially and then plug in AC power to see if sequence makes a difference on reset.

Pilotguy
    Participant

I’ve tried the reset steps with no luck. Any other ideas?

Pilotguy
    Participant

I looked more into the terminals as suggested. It appears that where the battery plugs into the plastic connector is able to slide on the pins to the board. The problem was that the connector had slight lifted from the board but still appeared to have a good connection. Problem immediately went away. Thanks!

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I looked more into the terminals as suggested. It appears that where the battery plugs into the plastic connector is able to slide on the pins to the board. The problem was that the connector had slight lifted from the board but still appeared to have a good connection. Problem immediately went away. Thanks!

Glad to hear this was resolved for you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Tagged: 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“(They) are very quick to reply with thorough, knowledgeable, complete and helpful answers… I really can’t say enough about how impressive they are…. I am a huge fan and would highly recommend…”

G.N. , Westfield, NJ , Yelp , 7/03/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.