GC2 Low Battery

When I first installed my surety system, it took quite a while and the unit was unplugged and plugged back in multiple times. Since that time I started getting low battery alerts. The panel was about 6 months old by that time. I decided I would get a new battery. I plugged the battery in and still had the low battery alert. I read that it could take up to 24 hours to charge. I did that on Friday and it’s now Wednesday of the following week and I still have the low battery alerts. Help please… Everything is plugged in. 2GIG GC2 panel.

A lot of times this may occur when the battery is swapped but the panel is not rebooted. To swap the battery you should power off the panel by unplugging the transformer, then unplug the battery, plug in the new one, then plug the transformer back in to power up.

Can you try rebooting the panel now and give it a few hours to verify? You can send a remote reboot command to your panel via your Surety System Manager.

Having just changed one of these myself, I would suspect the connector on the GC2 board. When I changed the battery I did use a little contact cleaner on both sides of the connector. Of course you have to make sure it is inserted correctly. Run unit on battery initially and then plug in AC power to see if sequence makes a difference on reset.

I’ve tried the reset steps with no luck. Any other ideas?

I looked more into the terminals as suggested. It appears that where the battery plugs into the plastic connector is able to slide on the pins to the board. The problem was that the connector had slight lifted from the board but still appeared to have a good connection. Problem immediately went away. Thanks!

I looked more into the terminals as suggested. It appears that where the battery plugs into the plastic connector is able to slide on the pins to the board. The problem was that the connector had slight lifted from the board but still appeared to have a good connection. Problem immediately went away. Thanks!

Glad to hear this was resolved for you!

Thanks for sharing the information, even I have faced the same issue