GC2 losing all z-wave devices

Hey guys. With our new house I have multiple zwave light switches, adc thermostat, 3 adc temp sensors, the power monitor in the breaker panel, water shutoff valve, and a repeater. I had them all up and running and we had a power outage that wiped everything out. Being that we have had a ton of other things going on I added about half of the devices back in again and noticed this week they are gone again. Is this something that is caused by the GC2 losing power for extended periods of time from power outages? If so i’m going to look at giving it it’s own battery backup because adding them all back in is a huge pain since 70% of my devices are ge switches not particularly close to the panel so it involves a ton of running back and forth. Anything else I can do?

Being that we have had a ton of other things going on I added about half of the devices back in again and noticed this week they are gone again. Is this something that is caused by the GC2 losing power for extended periods of time from power outages?

Yes, when we see this issue occur it seems to coincide with abrupt power loss/storm activity. It’s a rare occurrence, and I have never been able to recreate it, so it looks to be possibly linked to hardware in some way. Adding an UPS may help.

Originally we had only really seen it with older firmware (usually 1.10) but it looks like you have the latest version.

Which version of the Go!Control panel do you have? Do you have “Emergency” and “Home” spelled out under the face buttons? Or do you have symbols under the emergency button?

I have the one that has the symbols under the emergency button. Is that an older version? We have probably had the unit for 4-5 years I would guess.

Thanks again guys!

The version with the symbols under the buttons would be the newer one.

You’ll want to try and reset the Z-wave controller. To do so, Services -> Z-Wave -> Wrench Icon -> Advanced Toolbox -> Reset Controller. This will remove the Z-Wave devices from programming and revert the Z-Wave controller to a default state.

Then you will want to test by adding Z-Wave devices back in to the panel. To do so, clear each individual Z-Wave device from the network first (because each device retains the parent network information, even after the above reset)

To clear the Z-wave device navigate to Services -> Z-Wave -> Wrench Icon -> Remove Devices and follow the individual z-wave devices pair/clear procedure. When removed, you will then add each device back in to the panel (Services -> Z-Wave -> Wrench Icon -> Add Devices)

After removing/re-adding the Z-Wave devices back in, you will want to run a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery once the Z-Wave devices are learned in and in their final installation location. To run a Z-Wave network rediscover navigate to Services -> Z-Wave -> Wrench Icon -> Advanced Toolbox -> Rediscover Network.

After adding devices back in and running a network rediscovery, do they stay added? Can you control them via the panel? Alarm.com?