Gate opener support with alarm.com

I’m thinking about adding a gate to my residence and I was thinking about control through alarm.com. According to the specifications of my MyQ internet gateway that I use for my garage door opener, it supports this: LiftMaster Security+2.0 Gate Openers (models CSW24V, CSL24V or LA500

I can’t imagine there being a gate opener option added to the mobile app. But maybe through the gateway, it will show as a garage. I’m curious if there are any alarm.com customers who use a gate somehow with alarm.com. It would be really cool if I can disarm when I am around the block so that I don’t have to wait for a gate to open.

Also wondering the answer to this question, or similar. Have a Liftmaster 8550 garage opener (wifi myq ready) with 888lm that works with MyQ (no gateway needed so far). Gate is sliding All-o-matic with a multi-code receiver and remote (which are awful and I’m switching no matter what).
I think the liftmaster retrofit would be 850lm or 860lm receiver with a gate keypad and/or remote, but this would not be myq capable. How can i make it myq capable, or still no options at this time?

Not trying to hijack Panda, hopefully our answers are the same:)

Panda, but to answer your question, it does appear as long as you buy a new lift master gate operator with myq already built in, you can at least use through the myq app. Since myq is alarm.com compatible for garage doors, my assumption would be the gate could also be used through alarm.com. Don’t have that setup, but I think your research is accurate.

According to the specifications of my MyQ internet gateway that I use for my garage door opener, it supports this: LiftMaster Security+2.0 Gate Openers (models CSW24V, CSL24V or LA500

Yep, these should be able to connect to an existing Gateway and function as doors through ADC, but note that as of now, I do not believe any retrofit options exist.

So if you want myq compatibility, you would need one of the listed compatible gate opener models.

I think the liftmaster retrofit would be 850lm or 860lm receiver with a gate keypad and/or remote, but this would not be myq capable. How can i make it myq capable, or still no options at this time?

In this case you would need to replace the gate opener itself. A retrofit myq option for gates does not exist (at least currently)

Bumping up an old thread but if you have a Liftmaster MyQ driveway gate it can be paired with ADC. I just had the Liftmaster CSL24V installed on a 22’ driveway gate and was able to pair it with the internet gateway/ADC using the instructions from the gate to pair. You’ll need to add it as a new door from the Alarm.com website by going to Settings>Devices>Liftmaster Installation. Select “MyQ-Enabled garage door opener” to set the internet gateway in learn mode then follow the 1 of the 2 following methods to get it to learn to gateway and ADC.
https://youtu.be/UtfgugUSehA?t=75

From there you can open and close the gate from your phone and setup all sorts of automation and notifications for the gate:)