Exterior Front Motion Detector Noptification issues

I have a Honywell exterior Motion Detector I use outside to notify us if someone is at our front door. Its been working fine for a a while now. It does not trip my alarm but notifies us audbily inside and sends a push notification to our phones to notify us.

Today at around 4:13 pm it tripped and notified us inside, but no push notification to our phone.

we kept tripping it a couple of hours later to see if it would notify us and it does audibly but no push notification.

I checked the history on ADC and it doesnt even register in the history.

Last time it notified us was Sunday at 7:16 PM

Today at around 4:13 pm it tripped and notified us inside, but no push notification to our phone.

I am seeing a related push notification having been sent at that time for the sensor event, sent 3 seconds after the trigger.

Likewise I am seeing related push notifications for subsequent events (looks like you added SMS texts to the notification too) so they are all being sent.

Try re-opening the Alarm.com app on your phone. Close the current process and reopen it.

If you are not seeing the notifications on either phone, do they both use the same Alarm.com login? Do other push notifications work?

I did eventualy get it to send notifications.

The front door is triggered. So when I opened the door from the inside of the house the door and motion detector that is outside trigger within miliseconds of each other. Perhaps you can not have multiple signals alerting at once for notification?

When I would leave the front door closed and trigger the motion by walking out of my house through a side door (so that I didnnt open the front door) it would log in the history as well as notify.

Does this make sense?

To clarify, at the time you state here, there isn’t a door notification. There is a Push notification generated from the Motion Detector rule.

The front door is triggered. So when I opened the door from the inside of the house the door and motion detector that is outside trigger within miliseconds of each other. Perhaps you can not have multiple signals alerting at once for notification?

I do not see any notification which would generate a push notification from the Front Door Sensor opening being set up currently on the system. In account history I don’t see record of any notifications being deleted recently.

If you are just referring to locally at the system, it doesn’t matter if multiple sensors open locally at the same time, they will all be shown as open by the panel. This is reported to ADC. In history at the time you mentioned is an “Activated” notice for that motion detector, followed immediately by the Push notification for that event. I can assure that one was sent.

Can you confirm the time when this issue occurred? Maybe that is not the right time of an occurrence? If the events are those previously discussed, it looks like any notification transmission error would be a local phone/connectivity issue.

There is no push notification for the front door, Only the motion. My point was that there were two “triggers” going off at the same time.

There were a bunch of times in that time frame yesterday where the motion detector did not show up in history.

I just did it right now. at 12:28 PM it triggered and sent notification. At 12:31 PM it triggered but did not send a notification.

I doubt its a cell phone conenctivity issue as 1 have 2 different phones with both push and text as well as a Go Bridge that backs up the cellular signal

first time shows in history. second time does not. (same as yesterday)

Aha, I see what you are referencing. I thought you were looking at single instances of triggering the detector. You cannot repeatedly trigger a motion detector and get activated status over and over in ADC. It does not have anything to do with additional sensors, but with the delay period of a Motion Detector Activated Status in ADC.

Activated status on a motion detector is going to remain for up to 60 minutes.

Locally a wireless motion detector will have a few minutes reset period for power saving features, a wired motion detector would have no reset at all, but in ADC status the current status of a motion detector is not useful if it only told you if activity is happening at the exact moment you refresh the page. This is infeasible.

If you want to shorten the delay between possible firings of the ADC report, you can change the No-Response-Type zone equipment type to Contact instead of Motion. It will still function the same locally, but will be reported as a contact in ADC and subject to a 3 minute delay rather than 60 minutes.