Emergency Contacts and much more

I searched alarm.com and suretydiy.com forums. The search tool in the forums is useless! After an hour of exploration, no answers appeared to even these most basic questions:

What is the difference between “Users” and “Emergency Contacts”?
How does a customer add an emergency contact?
How does a customer delete an emergency contact?
How does a customer change the Premise Contact Password?
How does a customer change the Duress Word?
How does a customer change the order in which Emergency Contacts are called when an alarm is triggered.
What is a Panel Slot Number?
Etc., etc, etc.

I’ve been a customer for five years. I got good telephone support when I originally bought a system from you and signed up for central monitoring. I am VERY unhappy with your current lack of any type of phone support!

Hello! We are always happy to assist with questions, feel free to ask any question you may have here or via email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

What is the difference between “Users” and “Emergency Contacts”?

In general when we refer to “Users” we mean panel/system users you have set up in Alarm.com. These are contacts that can have user codes for system access and/or contact methods set in Alarm.com for ADC automated notification purposes. These are text/push/email notifications you set up in Alarm.com.

Your Central Station “emergency contacts” are separate, and refer to the individuals called in the event of an alarm.

How does a customer add an emergency contact? How does a customer delete an emergency contact? How does a customer change the Premise Contact Password? How does a customer change the Duress Word? How does a customer change the order in which Emergency Contacts are called when an alarm is triggered.

All of these can be requested by sending a secure message through the tool found here. (it is an encrypted message tool for sensitive info)

If you have 24/7 monitoring you can view your current contact list (with the exception of duress code) by going to the suretyDIY dashboard and selecting Alarm Subscriptions > View the active subscription > Central Station. Click on the desired section to view current info.

If you would like to make a change, just send us a secure message with the desired change and you’ll get a confirmation email when complete!

What is a Panel Slot Number?

This refers to the user slot for panel/lock user codes.

The master user code is slot 1, the second user is slot 2, and so forth.

I’ve been a customer for five years. I got good telephone support when I originally bought a system from you and signed up for central monitoring. I am VERY unhappy with your current lack of any type of phone support!

We’re happy to help all of our users! However, we have simply found phone support to be severely lacking when addressing the complicated questions our DIYers bring up. suretyDIY ensures that when you ask a question, the person best suited to answer your question is the one you talk to, every time, not a third party phone answering service.

You can view more info on our service on the FAQ page here.

I have some of the same frustration as “mikemeador” above except I am a new customer and cannot find the answers to my questions. the form I filled out for “Central Station Alarm Monitoring” wanted passwords for each of the “Alarm contacts”. How do I change those and can I simple use the same “universal password”. Multiple passwords make this too complicated.
Your answer “If you have 24/7 monitoring you can view your current contact list (with the exception of duress code) by going to the suretyDIY dashboard and selecting Alarm Subscriptions > View the active subscription > Central Station” does not help me. I cannot find a dashboard that has the selection “Alarm Subscriptions”.
Help would be appreciated. jtg

Your dashboard is found by clicking your name at the top of our website. This link will also take you there.

Alarm Subscriptions is found on the navigation tree on the left. Click Central Station to then be able to review the current list of contacts/passcodes you have in place on the account.

Individual users do not require unique passcodes, but can have them if needed. All contacts can use a single universal passcode if you wish.

Very soon you will have the ability to manage these passcodes in real time via a new System Manager tool we are enabling in the near future. This will also be found in your dashboard. We’ll follow up here to let you know when this is released! It will also be announced in other threads.

Until the System Manager feature is enabled, you can request any changes you need to make to your current list by submitting a secure message here.