Help Forum

Doorbell and Skybell

Support Doorbell and Skybell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hecareth
    Participant

So one of the things I miss about my old 2Gig Doorbell is that it will use the panel as a chime. With SKyBell I don’t have that option. So I was thinking. Is it possible to use the electronics in the 2gig doorbell chime in parallel with the SKyBell. I was thinking in some form or fashion to connect the 2gig doorbell directly to the old chime so it will trigger the Panels chime when the SKyBell button is pushed. Thoughts?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

It is not possible to really do that with the 2GIG Doorbell, no, at least, not any straightforward way that wouldn’t require additional hardware and soldering. The doorbell’s sensory input is from manual interaction, which means you would need to simulate pressing the button via a relay and soldering that button circuit in the 2GIG Doorbell.

At that point it would be better to try to find a way to use a relay and a DW10 instead, since the DW10 has a dry contact input the relay can trigger with no need for soldering and tearing apart the sensor. I recall looking for a relay product made for this application, in a doorbell circuit, for another forum thread and not having much success.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.