confused whether the system is locked

DIY Home Security Forums Support confused whether the system is locked

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Roman 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Roman
    Participant

Hi,

i’ve checked my system using https://suretyhome.com/alarm-com-cellular-module-check/ and it appears not usable with suretydiy. I called my current provider, LiveWatch (Brinks Security now) and they say the system is unlocked.

Is there a way to get more information on the system and why it’s not usable with suretydiy?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

The cellular module check tool is checking through Alarm.com itself, and is not specific to suretyDIY. There are a couple different responses that might indicate a module cannot be used. What is the specific response you are seeing?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Also, to clarify, if you have a current service provider, as in your cellular module is tied to an active Alarm.com account, the check tool will report that it is already assigned to a unit. This is normal.

Each communication module can only be assigned to one Alarm.com account at a time. In order to set up a new account with it, the old account must be cancelled.

Roman
    Participant

That makes perfect sense! I’ll post later what is the response i see.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.