Concord 4 wont go into programming

My old company was pretty hostile after I told them I was ready to move on. I own my system, but they would not give me the installer code or reset the panel to the default.

I got an eeprom reader and was able to get the dealer and installer codes. Yet the panel won’t go into programming mode with those. The dealer, installer and master codes allow me to get into quick programming, but when I try 8+installer code+0+0…the panel just beeps and goes back to “date and time”.

I realized I had an FTP-1000 keypad that only allows quick programming mode, so I purchased an ATP-1000 (alfa keypad) and installed it. I still can’t get into programming with it.

Any help would be appreciated. My goal is to get it appropriately monitored, but apparently the old company’s goal is diametrically opposed to that.

I’m sorry to hear that. We cannot speak to other companies’ policies or reasons they may object, but I can say that we share your belief that a system you fully own is yours to control. suretyDIY uses no long term contacts, and all system programming and installation features are open to the user.

A couple things to verify:

If you have the current installer code, you should be able to access while all partitions are disarmed. Make sure that all partitions are disarmed when you try to access.

You can jump partitions and then check arming and disarm with 8 - installer - 6 - partition number (there are 6 partitions, so 2, then check 3, then 4, etc.)

There shouldn’t be any full programming lockout option on the Concord 4, however the NX panel does have this option. Can you confirm you have a Concord 4 and not a Networx panel?

If all else fails and you swapped the keypad while the system was powered, you will want to fully power cycle the panel (should try a power cycle anyway). Unplug the AC transformer, then battery. Wait a few minutes, then plug in the battery followed by the transformer. Any luck?

Hi Jason,

I appreciate the help and also appreciate your company’s philosophy. The original company’s argument was that the programming is proprietary to them. That is BS because I then asked for them to just default the panel, and they still would not budge.

I am certain that it is a concord 4, it is what the cabinet and my original installation paperwork says it is. The board itself has a sticker identifying it as a 95R which is a type of concord 4.

I will check out that all partitions are disarmed as you suggest tonight when I get home. I guess that would be a mean way of keeping an unsuspecting homeowner from doing what I am trying to do.

I did power cycle the panel several times, however in case that makes a difference, I first unhooked the battery, then the transformer.

I will check out that all partitions are disarmed as you suggest tonight when I get home. I guess that would be a mean way of keeping an unsuspecting homeowner from doing what I am trying to do.

Based on what you are describing, with the panel immediately beeping and backing out, that actually sounds like this is likely the issue.

Let us know what you find!

Jason!!

You were right!! That did it.

Two of the other partitions (4 and 6) were armed away. After I disarmed those I was able to get into programing without issue.

Interestingly, I disconnected the keypads again to swap locations of where I had the alpha keypad, and when I tried to get back in the same partitions were again armed. I had to repeat the process of disarming to be able to get into programming. Is that supposed to happen?

You were right!! That did it.

Two of the other partitions (4 and 6) were armed away. After I disarmed those I was able to get into programing without issue.

Glad to hear you were able to get in.

Is that supposed to happen?

Check on page 92 of the installation manual for the Concord 4. You can check to see if any schedules are active in the Concord Programming. It may be based on time of day.

Thanks, you earned a new customer. I just signed up for monitoring.

Happy to help out! Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Hi there,
I have a concord 4 system and much the same issue as the 1st fellow, being held hostage by my previous company despite paying for my system.
Everytime I enter 8 then master code 4321, it says enter command. But when I enter almost ANYTHING it bumps me back to time and date. I’ve tried 8, master code, 6 to see if partitions were armed, as discussed, and it takes me right back to time and date.
I’m trying to disable a sensor which makes this system beep 2 or 3 times a day at me since the sensors broken.
I just unplugged the system and the battery because for 3 hours it beeps every minute and I can’t get it to stop!
Any help is appreciated before I go insane haha
Thanks!

I’ve tried 8, master code, 6 to see if partitions were armed

Are you sure you are using the system master code and not another user code?

As with the previous posted, I can assume I’m entering the Master Code because I can enter into the other programming areas of the system (eg. changing user codes in 9, etc.) but as soon as I try to enter into 8, it beeps can bumps back to the time.

While trying to see if it’s because there’s another partition that needs to be disarmed. How do I go about doing that? Do I need to login as another usercode and disarm the system (in case another user bound to a different partition still has that partition armed).

I ask because to enter menu 8, it says to first make sure all other partitions are disarmed – just not sure how to do that.

In menu 9, I scrolled through the 229 user codes (superficially) and they all looked to be 0000 (I assume that means not set). How do I find which other partitions may be armed and preventing me access into 8 programming?

Thanks!

Hi, to clarify from the original instructions in this thread:

You can jump partitions and then check arming and disarm with 8 - installer - 6 - partition number (there are 6 partitions, so 2, then check 3, then 4, etc.)

I believe this can only be done with the installer code, not the Master Code. The Master User code and the installer code are not the same. Master does access functions under 9.

Do you know the installer code for the system?

Well. I did find another armed partition which I disarmed. However, when I try to access the 8 menu, (8 mastercode 0 0) it beeps back negative and reverts to the time.

Since I was able to use the code to jump partitions, does that mean I have the installer code?

I read posts about installer, master and dealer codes. I’m not sure which one I have. I can enter menu 9 with no problem. It’s the only non-user code I was given.

Thoughts?

Quick update… Found a video on YouTube detailing how to extract the Master, Installer and Dealer codes from reading the EPROM on the main board.

EPROM Reader from Amazon: $10
Reading chip data getting codes: 30mins
Middle finger to the old “dealer”: priceless

It was super easy… and we’re able to access the programming area now.

Thanks for the help. Now who do we know that does monitoring? :wink:

Hey, that’s good news! Would you mind sharing the reader you used?

I might know a place. Let me know if you have any questions!

Bought the SMAKN USB Port 24CXX EEPROM Programmer Reader Writer from Amazon:

…and followed some YouTube videos like this one: https://youtu.be/L0ChYNwunUE