Concord 4 - RE119 & Tamper/Low Temp

I added a RE119 to our Concord 4 the other day.
Wanted flood & low-temp active.
Hi-temp function …meh…not needed.

I was unable (I think) to add the low temperature RE119 sensor via the tamper-switch-in & battery-insert technique. I plan to retry next week when at the house. I just watched the video :slight_smile:

2 sensor slots were populated into the Conrod 4: One registration/group was definitely the flood as I tested it using the advance dunk it in bucket-o-water procedure…

Is the second wireless Concord 4 sensor slot is the tampering alert???
At least, I think it’s the tamper alert from my brilliant interpretation of the group I assigned & a “pull-off-the cover set something off” test procedure…

Can you confirm the above enrollment behavior/setup is expected— i.e. tamper is automatically added?
Can I/should I delete the tamper alert in the Conrod 4 with no ill effects or unexpected functionality loss from the senor? Tampering not really a concern in my home. Simple is better generally i would think.

Any other advice besides the video on setting up the freeze sensor portion of the RE119 to enroll in the Concord 4?

THANKS

i.e. tamper is automatically added? Can I/should I delete the tamper alert in the Conrod 4 with no ill effects or unexpected functionality loss from the senor? Tampering not really a concern in my home. Simple is better generally i would think.

To confirm, you have learned in the Flood portion of the sensor via the tamper switch only?
I am seeing two separate zones both with Group 38 listed (Water). One labelled Basement Water Alarm and another labelled Basement Water Tamper.

You shouldn’t see a separate zone labelled as “Basement Water Tamper” created automatically. The zone labelled “Basement Water Tamper” would have to be named that specifically at the panel or via ADC, this name should not generate automatically.

Any other advice besides the video on setting up the freeze sensor portion of the RE119 to enroll in the Concord 4?

You will want to ensure that the steps found in the video are followed with regards to the tamper and battery insertion to learn in the Flood, Freeze, and Heat zones of the RE119.

“The zone labelled “Basement Water Tamper” would have to be named that specifically at the panel or via ADC, this name should not generate automatically.”

Yes, I did this label manually as I assumed it was the tamper alert for the whole device. Separate from the water alert. When I added in the water, there were 2 sensors found by the panel as I recall. One was water & one was tamper? Does that make any sense? Is that normal behavior. Are (wireless) tamper indicators a separate sensor groups or ?

I tried to add the Freeze sensor, but failed. I think- or is my “tamper sensor group” perhaps the freeze sensor I did not realize was successfully triggered and added to the Concord 4 panel?

I guess what I’m really asking how does the tamper map into the Control 4, during sensor registration?

I guess what I’m really asking how does the tamper map into the Control 4, during sensor registration?

To avoid confusion here, there is no “tamper zone” Tamper is reported for all zones of the RE119 if the cover is opened.

The function you have learned in will be entirely dependent on how you learned that zone in at the RE119.

If you just open the tamper switch, you learn in the Flood Zone.

If you hold down the tamper switch and pop in the battery, you learn in the Freeze Zone.

If you hold down the tamper switch, hold a magnet at the reed switch, and pop in the battery, that is the overheat zone.

There are only those three zone functions. Each just learns in with a slightly different serial number when added.

OK so “tamper” is not a zone/group per se. That makes sense as you indicate.

A tamper trigger is reported as a “tamper” of a given sensor/assigned zone… kind of an “overlay” I suppose of a learned (wireless) zone(s). I think I unnerstand now… :slight_smile: