Compatible Equipment & Ceiling Fans

I’ve got another question, or questions I should say.

First off, are any of these z-wave cameras compatible with ADC?

Zwave Security Cameras
•  Nexia WCW200NX - Wireless Indoor 720p HD Camera  
•  Schlage LiNK WCW100 - Wireless IP Network Camera  
•  Schlage WCO100NX - Indoor/Outdoor Wireless IP Network Camera  
•  Vera VistaCam 700 - Wireless High Definition 720p Network Camera  
•  VistaCam PT - Pan / Tilt Wireless Network Camera  
•  VistaCam SD - Wide Angle Wireless Network Camera  

Also, I see there are bluetooth ceiling fan receivers available but only controllable with the phone/tablet app. Since they are bluetooth, they’re not able to do the whole “turn on when I’m near during only these hours” thing…Like a z-wave plug-in light controller can do.

Are there any z-wave ceiling fan receivers available on the market? If so, any know of one that is compatible with ADC? I’ve come up with nothing during my many searches.

The main reason I ask is because I have a ceiling fan in every room of my house and they are my main light source in those rooms at night. The BT receiver is compatible with all ceiling fans - pull chains or not. That means I can keep my designer switches I just put in last year and use a receiver on the fans. Would be very cool if one would integrate with the ADC CP and allow programming like a light controller would.

Zwave Security Cameras
• Nexia WCW200NX - Wireless Indoor 720p HD Camera
• Schlage LiNK WCW100 - Wireless IP Network Camera
• Schlage WCO100NX - Indoor/Outdoor Wireless IP Network Camera
• Vera VistaCam 700 - Wireless High Definition 720p Network Camera
• VistaCam PT - Pan / Tilt Wireless Network Camera
• VistaCam SD - Wide Angle Wireless Network Camera

No. The only cameras that work with Alarm.com are alarm.com cameras. A number of them are shown here.

Are there any z-wave ceiling fan receivers available on the market? If so, any know of one that is compatible with ADC?

I’m not personally aware of any offhand, but I’ll look into it.

No. Compatible cameras are ADC branded:

*2GIG-Image1
2GIG-HD100
ADC-V610PT
ADC-V510
ADC-V700X

ADC-V520
ADC-V520IR
ADC-V620PT
ADC-V820
ADC-V720W
ADC-721W
ADC-V720

Zwave fan controllers are available. I have used this one before with 2gig.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Jason, I mean the piece of equipment that you install into the housing of the fan itself. You can buy them but they’re all RF or IR with an included remote control.

Here is just one BT receiver: http://www.fanimation.com/fansync/

This is the only standard fixture module I know of. It states it is junction box mounted though.

If you don’t mind, is there a reason you specifically want one that installs in the fan housing?

I have a ceiling fan w/light in every room. These lights are my main source of light for now. My home was built in 1960. There were no ceiling lights at all before I bought the house 2 years ago. Because they are the main light source, I’d like to be able to automatically turn them on and off depending upon whether I’m home or not. The Geo feature would be awesome for this purpose.

I basically need something that does the job of a light controller but for ceiling fans.

I luckily have a friend who is a licensed electrician. He installed all the fans from scratch in each of the rooms. Along with that, I had him put in 14 Lucent high end designer wall switches. They were somewhere around $300. Unfortunately, I had no idea what z-wave or zigbee meant at the time.

I’d hate to have to replace them with z-wave switches after spending all that money on the Lucents & I haven’t really seen any z-wave switches that would even come close to the designs I have now.

Though I do see that what you linked to is basically a hidden on/off switch. So that wouldn’t work. Eventually I can see myself going with z-wave wall switches & dimmers because I need 3-speeds and dimming - and I want the automation.

Gotcha. Unfortunately I do know of an Insteon receiver, but not Zwave yet.

I can say the switches do have speed control (and if I recall, show up as dimmers in ADC, allowing speed control that way). However, unless something has been released recently I think they may be the only speed control option. Currently, anyway.