Communication Inconsistant 1/20/15

There appear to be delays and inconsistent communication between my 2GIG panel and alarm.com service on 01/20/2015. Examples:1. it took several minutes to arm the system after command has been issued from the phone. 2. Thermostat did not respond to any command sent directly from alarm.com online panel. Contemporaneously to that I’m able to control all devices directly from the panel. Cell module shows strong signal and the cell test passed. Please advise whether there are any service interruptions and/or what can be done to address these problems.

I was aware of a couple isolated issues concerning the Verizon carrier within the last few days. I will add your account to the list for ADC to check. The issue could possibly be related to tower maintenance.

Outgoing signals should register immediately whereas incoming signals get intermittently delayed. You can test this by sending a command, verifying the command does not take place within a minute or so, then immediately run a manual cell-phone test at the panel. This will force the incoming command down and it should immediately take effect. Is this how your panel behaves?

As of this morning (01/21/2015) my panel still isn’t communicating with your service.
I’m not at home to do any tests from the panel now.
I do have Verizon. Is there any ETA on resolution from the carrier?

The issue has been escalated to their network techs. I do not have an ETA but will be checking for an update later today.

I can confirm that outbound signals are being received as normal.

I was aware of a couple isolated issues concerning the Verizon carrier within the last few days.

It’s not isolated. Others have been reporting it since last week.

http://www.2gigforum.com/threads/195-Extended-delay-when-triggering-lights?p=630&viewfull=1#post630

Pings on multiple systems ranging from 32sec to 25min with average signal at least 20/31 on CDMA 3G Verizon module (not roaming).

Ping reported from Vivint User with 20/31 Verizon module 1/18/2015:

ping test results were 32 second round trip.

Ping reported from Locknalarm user with 23/31 Verizon module (25 min):

Command Round trip CS Test Request. [(Acknowledged at 1/15/2015 5:35:20 pm) ACK Token: 74] 1/15/2015 5:10:08 pm
Fibro Network Receiver ManualPhoneTest(0) 3 secs - 60.74.248.85:3061-0974 - CID - Successful 1/15/2015 5:35:22 pm

Not all Verizon customers are affected. I would have no knowledge of other dealer’s customers beyond what might be reported publicly. The issue is likely location dependent and has always presented in the past as localized to certain towers that I am aware.

The delays continue as of 7:45PM EST. It takes 5-10 minutes or so to activate a function from alarm.com, including arming the system.
If this isn’t cell carrier (Verizon) related, is there anything I can do, i.e. reset the panel, etc,? If it’s the carrier, am I able to report the issue directly myself?

The issue has been escalated and your account has been flagged as affected. Given the problem did not occur immediately upon first use of the panel, I would presume this to be purely carrier-based.

Were you able to try the original suggested test?

You could also try to see if forcing a new connection could possibly clear communication, would be to power down the panel completely, transformer then battery, for a couple minutes, then powering it back up battery first. Upon seeing a new radio status signal strength you can try sending a command. (This is unlikely, but worth a shot.)

UPDATED: Alarm.com Operations Alert
[11:47 ET]: Customers using the Verizon network may still experience delays when sending commands or receiving notifications. We will continue to provide updates as the status improves.

[11:30 ET]: Customers may still experience delays when sending commands or receiving notifications. We will continue to provide updates as the status improves.

My panel seems to have been communicating OK with alarm.com for two days now. I didn’t power off the panel though.

RESOLVED: Alarm.com Operations Alert

[13:15 ET]: This issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

1/25/2015 [09:49 ET]: Alarm.com is experiencing a technical issue which may affect the signaling capability of your customer accounts and/or access to the Alarm.com dealer and/or customer interfaces. We are working to resolve this issue and will contact you as soon as possible with an update. Thank you for your patience as we address this matter.