Help Forum

Change Master User Code

Support Change Master User Code

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

It makes sense that the system resets to an all closed state. However, the system shows the zone is open only after you open the door for the first time meaning that the panel can somehow detect a change from the circuit.

Yes, that’s what I was referencing above. If the Panel can see the wired zone open after a power cycle, but the zone doesn’t close reliably, that usually means one of a couple things:

1. The magnet is misaligned.
    2. Closed resistance value is off on that circuit.

The panel may register open when resistance is infinite (opened) after a power cycle but it may be too high for the panel to register closed upon closing the circuit.

Yes, Zone 12 was never open. This was all done remotely via app with Zone 10 being open and Zone 12 being closed.

Very odd. Alright, well we are awaiting some info from ADC on this to see if this can be replicated or if it is specific to the system. We will report back as soon as we hear word.

Homer
    Participant

More info on the zone bypass quirk. After limited testing, the incorrect bypass does not seem to be coming from Armed Away vs Armed Stay. It actually seems to come from the section of the app I am using. When I use arm directly from the Home screen (see the screenshot with 3 checkbox options) the correct zone is bypassed in both Stay and Away modes. When I arm from the Security System screen (the screenshot with 2 checkbox options), it is trying to bypass the wrong zone and thus arming fails.
    Haven’t had time to root out the underlying zone fault problem yet.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I’ve sent a couple commands to see if we can sync that up. Can you test again a couple times from both pages. Do you see the same response or does it properly bypass 10 and arm?

Homer
    Participant

Tried it several times and actually can’t find a pattern (although it doesn’t seem to work in the Security System page):
    5:59pm Disarmed panel
    5:59pm Arm (Security System screen, Away): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    6:15pm Arm (Home screen, Away): Bypassed correct zone, succeeded
    7:16pm Disarmed panel
    7:16pm Arm (Home Screen, Stay): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    7:21pm Arm (Security System screen, Stay): Failed (didn’t try to bypass, maybe because didn’t “reset” with a disarm)
    7:44pm Disarmed panel
    7:45pm Arm (Security System screen, Stay): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:02pm Arm (Security System screen, Away): Didn’t seem to issue the command properly
    8:05pm Disarmed panel
    8:05pm Arm (Security System screen, Away): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:11pm Disarmed panel
    8:11pm Arm (Home screen, Stay): Bypassed correct zone, succeeded.
    8:25pm Disarmed panel
    8:27pm Arm (Home screen, Away): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:29pm Disarmed panel
    8:29pm Arm (Home screen, Away): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:31pm Disarmed panel
    8:31pm Arm (Home screen, Stay): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:33pm Disarmed panel
    8:33pm Arm (Security System screen, Away): Bypassed incorrect zone, failed.
    8:35pm Disarmed panel
    8:36pm Arm (Home screen, Away): Bypassed correct zone, succeeded

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Thank you for following up! We have updated your issue with ADC for further testing of the issue. Additionally, re-initialization commands have been sent and should take about five minutes to go through. If possible, please test remote arming/bypass again, any change?

Homer
    Participant

Just tried arming and disarming several times…still no consistent pattern.
    4:54am Security System screen, Away: Wrong zone, failed
    4:56am Security System screen, Stay: Correct zone, succeeded
    4:57am Home screen, Away: Correct zone, succeeded
    4:58am Home screen, Stay: Wrong zone, failed
    5:01am Security System screen, Away: Wrong zone, failed
    5:02am Security System screen, Stay: Wrong zone, failed
    5:03am Security System screen, Away: Wrong zone, failed
    5:04am Security System screen, Stay: Wrong zone, failed
    5:05am Home screen, Away: Correct zone, succeeded

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

We’ve updated ADC. Can you please try powering down the system fully, wait 2 minutes, then power back up, battery first then transformer.

When the panel boots up fully, wait about five minutes, then change the master code from the panel menu.

Wait five minutes, then try testing the arming with an open zone.

Homer
    Participant

Still having the same issue (bypasses the incorrect zone intermittently).
    Will have the original installer take a look at the zone wiring next week.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Out of curiosity, is this only caused by the one specific zone? Or do you see the same issue if you leave other zones open? So, if you leave zone 2 open, does it try to bypass zone 4? Have you been able to test other zones?

Homer
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Apologies, we didn’t have a chance to troubleshoot for the past month. We finally got the original sensor installer to come out and resolved the fault issue – it turns out some of the window magnets were misaligned after shutter installation.
    I still don’t know what was happening with the intermittent incorrect zone bypass, but as the faults have been cleared now this is not an issue for us anymore.
    Thank you for your help

Homer
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Sorry to revive this thread, but we are having problems with Zone bypass again. This time we are trying to bypass zones 9 and 15 (we are doing some window work). This problem seems slightly different to the one before – instead of bypassing the incorrect zone(s), the system is not trying to bypass the zones at all. We have tried to arm the system many times via ADC over the past 24 hours with only one success (Bypassing and arming via the panel seems to work). I have rebooted the system several times through the Suretydiy interface and changed the panel programming settings to allow quick bypass, but neither of these resolutions seem to have helped. Do you have any idea what the issue could be?

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

To confirm, the sensors on zones 9 and 15 are open, and bypassing from the mobile app worked once Or you were only able to arm by bypassing via the panel?

Out of curiosity, are other mobile commands, such as disarming, working? Its just the arm with force bypass that is failing?

Homer
    Participant

Yes, zones 9 and 15 are open, and bypassing from the mobile app worked once.
    I was also able to arm by bypassing via the panel.
    Yes, disarming via the app seems to work fine. Since the zones are open for now I can’t test arming without force bypass, but I’m pretty sure it’s a force bypass issue (force bypass was the issue (although a slightly different issue) from earlier in this thread too – it was never resolved).

Homer
    Participant

Here’s another bit of info that is probably related. Sometimes when I try to arm with force bypass and open zones, the zones will register a sensor-left-open restoral when I send the command.
    For example, the system was untouched for >50 minutes. The 2 aforementioned zones are still open/faulted (as displayed on the panel). When I went to arm it, I got the sensor-left-open restoral errors. See the attached screenshot.

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Currently awaiting a response regarding the app issues from ADC.
    In the meantime, which version of the app are you using? Which device are you utilizing and Have you tried remote arm bypass from multiple devices?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“Just wanted to say that so far I am extremely happy with my decision to go with Surety… I have been reading these boards for a few days and I am INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED by the responsiveness… You guys are doing a fantastic job!”

gnadan , Surety Forum Review
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.