Chamberlain MyQ Doors

Is there any advantage in connecting Chamberlain garage doors directly to the IQ2+ panel’s built-in wireless access point as opposed to my router? I connected them to the panel’s access point because I initially thought that would enable them to be controlled directly via the panel, but that’s not the case, so I’m just wondering if there’s any other advantage? Otherwise, I’m just going to connect them back to my router.

Thanks!

No. The Chamberlain doors do not directly communicate any status to the panel and all access is remote through the ADC website. They should just be connected to the strongest wifi signal source if you have multiple access points.

Thanks, Jason. Could you help further with resetting my garage controllers in ADC? They had already disconnected from my panel’s access point for some reason; I assume that maybe a software update turned off the access point. I have now connected them directly to my network, but they are not responsive in the app. Thanks.

Are you seeing an issue with both doors?

It looks like one of them is reporting malfunction in Alarm.com, but the other is reporting status correctly. Do either function with remote commands?

I’ve sent a command to request updated status from the devices to see if that will clear the malfunction, but it looks like it is still there.

Is the wifi signaling sufficient in the garage where the overhead units are? If you would like we can delete and re-add those doors for you to see if we can get them communicating again. However, if they are not communicating properly via wifi we wouldn’t be able to add them back.

Please confirm if you would like me to give this a try.