Best Practices Selling Qolsys IQ Panel 2 with house sale

Can you guys point me in the direction to a document that would give me the steps/procedures for resetting codes before passing house and Qolsys IQ Panel 2 system over to a new owner?

I think I would want to reset the following:

Installer Code
Master Code
Dealer Code

If I have cancelled my subscription to Alarm.com, is there anything else to do for the new homeowner or should they just call or visit Surety.com to set up a new Alarm.com account/plan?

Will they need any information from the system itself (I want to provide them a checklist of sorts at the closing).

Thanks in advance

Happy to help! Typically you would not want to default the panel as that would also remove sensors that will likely be left behind.

You can delete panel user codes in Alarm.com under Users.

The master code (the code assigned to your primary user in ADC) can be edited back to the default 1234.

You can edit all codes at the panel by entering the dealer code (default 2222) to access advanced settings and tap User Management.

The installer code default is 1111.

This would put the panel in a state where the next user could easily get started.

If I have cancelled my subscription to Alarm.com, is there anything else to do for the new homeowner or should they just call or visit Surety.com to set up a new Alarm.com account/plan?

If you have cancelled your service, the panel’s cell communicator will be immediately available for use with a new account. The homeowner can be given the default panel codes and can then purchase service through our website!

Will they need any information from the system itself (I want to provide them a checklist of sorts at the closing).

This is very thoughtful, and will help them use the panel with the service provider of their choice.

The most important things would be to relay the panel codes (you have defaulted) so that they have immediate access to the panel. Letting them know where sensors are installed would be advantageous.

To get started with us, they would just need the cellular module number. This can be found by navigating to Advanced Settings > About and tapping on Cellular. The number required will be labeled IMEI.

Thanks Jason.

The only piece I didn’t have accounted for / completed already was identifying the IMEI number. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.