Automation Help

I’ve set up the following automations (attached) and they don’t seem to be working. Any suggestions?

attachment

So. The way the rule is wrote, when you manually lock the garage, the alarm will arm itself. When a user code is entered on the garage lock, The alarm will disarm itself.

Is this what you intended, or did you want the panel to lock/unlock the lock when the panel is armed or disarmed?

It can be wrote both ways. So just wondering which way you INTENDED it to work.

That’s exactly what I intended. But when I lock/unlock the door, the alarm doesn’t arm.

bump…

Apologies, I am looking through history to see examples of the event, but it looks like you have used a scene to do both things as a workaround, is that correct?

Also just for clarity, unlocking via the thumb-turn will not disarm the panel. It must be from a user code.

Beyond that, when creating rules for Z-wave devices, these rules are sent to the Alarm.com module and stored in the panel (or module board depending on the model of panel) and processed locally when the event occurs.

If you notice a rule never activating, this typically indicates it was not successfully saved in the local system. The best step would be to delete the rules, wait a couple minutes, then recreate them. Any change?

I created the scenes for different purposes, not as a work around.

I went ahead and deleted the rules. I then deleted the device out of any other rules or scenes, just to be sure there are no conflicts. I then waited a whole 34 hours, then set up the exact same automations listed above. Nothing. Still not working.

I had a 2gig/ADC system several years ago and set it up just like this. I can’t figure out why it will not work.

Thank you for confirming. In cases where automatic rules or schedules fail 100% of the time for a device and recreating the rule does not help, this typically suggests an overall sync issue between the controller and the devices. They may function normally for manual commands, but new rules can simply not affect the device.

Can you try deleting and re-pairing the lock with your panel, wait five minutes, then create the disarm rule for the new lock instance? This should resolve the issue you are seeing. It helps to leave a few minutes in between removing and relearning the lock into the system since there can be a little delay in syncing removed devices.