Support Forum

Automatic Water Shut-off Valve

Support Automatic Water Shut-off Valve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xeon
    Participant

Hi,

I see that ADC.com carries two types of automatic water shut-off valves, namely the FortreZZ and the WaterCop. But, are there others that integrate with ADC.com and the IQ2 panel? Especially ones that don’t require you to cut the water pipe, it just fastens on to the top of valve, and closes the valve via the handle.

Thanks

Ryan
    Ryan
    Surety

Alarm.com has thoroughly tested and supports those two valves. Other Z-Wave valves might work if they adhere to the same Z-Wave commands but they aren’t officially supported. Is there another Z-Wave valve you’ve seen that you’re interested in? We could search for instances where someone has had success with it.

xeon
    Participant

Hi thanks for replying.

So I found this from another alarm company using the ADC.com platform

Automated Water Valve

I called them and they said its an EcoNet

https://www.z-wave.com/shop-z-wave-smart-home-products/smart-water-management-econet-controls-econet-controls-z-wave-plus-water-valve-multi-size

It should work with the IQ Flood Sensor, and once those are triggered, I presume a rule is set so that a signal is sent to the EcoNet valve to close. It seems to have the same functionality of the Fortrezz and WaterCop, but wanted to know if that is true.

thanks

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  xeon. Reason: more info
    Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yes, we have heard success stories regarding the EBV105. Here is a thread where the user states that while it does not show up properly on the panel itself, it worked as expected through Alarm.com and an IQ Panel. Another user posted success with a GC3 panel.

Note there may be some irregularity on the panel since the device is not officially supported and the UI may not accommodate for it.

xeon
    Participant

ahh, good to know! Hopefully by now they have addressed the issue of it not showing up properly on the panel. Perhaps some one has an update on this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.