August Smart Lock Pro w/IQ Panel 2

Are there instructions for linking my August Smart Lock Pro to my IQ Panel 2? The August Smart Lock is supposed to be Z-wave compatible. I attempted it on my own and went into the August app, and selected Z-wave, and then clicked to enable that functionality. It said that it paired to a Z-wave Hub (not sure which hub, because at the time I clicked to enable Z-wave, I wasn’t in pairing mode on the IQ Panel and I confirmed that it didn’t show in the IQ Panel’s list of Z-wave devices). I want to enable control of the door lock from scenes in alarm.com, and the alarm.com app, just like my garage door, security system, and lights are controlled now.

Below is what I see when I log into the app. I then select Remove Z-wave Device, and it says to put my Hub into Exclusion mode. Not sure the IQ Panel 2 has an exclusion mode, but since it doesn’t appear to be connected to my hub (IQ Panel 2), I don’t know how to disconnect it from the hub. I haven’t yet selected the option of “My hub is no longer working” but that’s what I’ll probably try next in the absence of specific instructions.

Adding photos

Below is what I see when I log into the app. I then select Remove Z-wave Device, and it says to put my Hub into Exclusion mode. Not sure the IQ Panel 2 has an exclusion mode, but since it doesn’t appear to be connected to my hub (IQ Panel 2), I don’t know how to disconnect it from the hub. I haven’t yet selected the option of “My hub is no longer working” but that’s what I’ll probably try next in the absence of specific instructions.

I cannot speak to August instructions, but they will likely be very generalized and may cause confusion.

The August lock may have been tested on a Z-wave network at the manufacturer. Z-wave is a two way communication method where the controller and the device save network data. A device cannot be learned into a new network until it has had its internal data cleared.

You do this by performing a remove device function on a Z-wave controller. The device does not need to be enrolled in that specific controller.

On the IQ Panel 2, this is labeled “Clear Device” under Settings - Advanced - Installation - Devices - Zwave Devices.

While the panel is listening for devices, perform the pairing procedure (usually a button or button sequence) on the device. The panel will indicate that a device has been cleared. You can then go into Inclusion mode via Add Device and do the same pair procedure.

That did it, thank you! You were right, I had to remove the device from the z-wave controller that it came paired with, and I was able to do that from the IQ Panel 2. It then paired exactly as expected. The only thing that it warned me about was that my controller uses S0 security, but the lock is capable of S2 Z-wave. Not sure how important this is, or if that functionality will be added to my IQ Panel 2 in the future via a firmware upgrade.